Health, Social Care and Early Years
- 93% of our students are satisfied
- 94% Achieve their qualifications
Caring for children, the elderly and vulnerable adults can be an extremely rewarding profession
We offer courses, some up to degree level, and apprenticeships in early years care, health and care, counselling and supporting teaching and learning, including access to higher education courses in nursing, midwifery and social work.
You’ll not only gain the skills needed to work in care, including areas not covered by other colleges, but be able to gain practical experience with nearby employers, including the North Middlesex University Hospital.
Our Courses and Apprenticeships
The School of Health, Care and Early Years offers progression routes from Entry Level to Foundation Degree level. All of our Health and Social Care courses are taught with a variety of approaches in mind, designed to make your learning experience the best it can be.
We offer courses and apprenticeships in:
- Early Years
- Health and Social Care
- Supporting Teaching and Learning
- Access to Higher Education Diploma Nursing
- Foundation Degree in Counselling
Top Facts for Health, Care and Early Years
- Excellent links with employers and community organisations
- Work experience for all students leading to fantastic job opportunities
- Specialisms in many areas not matched anywhere else
- Close working with Middlesex University to deliver degrees in counselling
- Partnership with North Middlesex University Hospital and Whittington Health to train and employ healthcare workers
- 19 Healthcare workers and 10 apprentices began work with North Middlesex University Hospital NHS Trust in 2015 and this is growing
What you could earn
Healthcare Assistant: Hourly Pay £10.51, Weekly Pay £410, Annual Pay £21,320
Dental Nurse: NHS: Hourly Pay £10.00, Weekly Pay £380, Annual Pay £19,760
Care Assistant: Hourly Pay £8.52, Weekly Pay £360, Annual Pay £18,720
Midwife: NHS: Hourly Pay £19.21, Weekly Pay £730, Annual Pay £37,960
Teaching Assistant: Hourly Pay £9.43, Weekly Pay £330, Annual Pay £17,160
Occupational Therapist: Hourly Pay £16.15, Weekly Pay £630, Annual Pay £32,760
Nurse: Hourly Pay £17.18, Weekly Pay £670, Annual Pay £34,840
Nursery Worker: Hourly Pay £8.21, Weekly Pay £320, Annual Pay £16,640
Speech and Language Therapist: Hourly Pay £16.94, Weekly Pay £610, Annual Pay £31,720
- CONEL agrees deal with Whittington Health to train up to 85 apprentices
- College showcases the best in Health, Social Care and Early Years education to local school children
- French Social Care Students Experience London’s Top College CONEL
Level 5 or higher
What are the levels?
Try our Careers Calculator on Job Opportunities and Rates of Pay
Try the Careers Calculator below to find out if the chances of finding work in your preferred profession are good or not and to find out what you can expect to earn.