ICT and Computing
- 100% of our students are satisfied
- 99.7% Achieve their qualifications
Virtually all of us now use a computer, tablet or mobile phone as computer technology continues to play an ever greater role in our lives.
Whether you want to improve your PC skills, develop applications and games, create websites or learn about networking, we’ll equip you with the skills for a career in this fast-paced and innovative industry.
Our computer suites are fully equipped with the latest hardware, software and networks at the cutting edge of computer technology, to make sure you have the most up-to-date skills required for the modern workplace.
Our IT and Computing Academy offers a fast-track route into these professions for students aged 16 to 24, including summer internships, coaching and mentoring and the opportunity to network with industry professionals.
Our Courses and Apprenticeships
The School of ICT and Computing offers progression routes from Level 1 to Level 5. All of our courses are taught with a variety of approaches in mind, designed to make your learning experience the best it can be.
We offer courses and apprenticeships in:
- ICT System Support
- Software and Web Services
- Computing and Systems Development
- Access to Higher Education Diploma in Information Technology
Top Facts for ICT and Computing
- Excellent links with employers and community organisations
- Work experience for all students leading to fantastic job opportunities
- Excellent range of high quality, interactive to engage students and build their knowledge.
- Tutors commended for their excellent subject knowledge and rapport with students.
- New Microsoft Showcase Classroom set to open in November.
What you could earn
Helpdesk Professional: Hourly Pay £14.15, Weekly Pay £580, Annual Pay £30,160
Software Developer: Hourly Pay £20.00, Weekly Pay £800, Annual Pay £41,600
Database Administrator: Hourly Pay £10.77, Weekly Pay £420, Annual Pay £21,840
Senior Database Administrator: Hourly Pay £26.70, Weekly Pay £960, Annual Pay £50,000
Network Engineer: Hourly Pay £14.10, Weekly Pay £550, Annual Pay £28,600
Technical Architect or IT Systems Architect: Hourly Pay £22.05, Weekly Pay £860, Annual Pay £44,720
System Analyst: Hourly Pay £22.82, Weekly Pay £890, Annual Pay £46,280
- ICT and Computing Learners visit Warner Bros Studio on magical class trip
- College's ICT learners get careers advice from IT giant Hewlett Packard
- Access to Higher Education Information Technology (IT) Diploma Level 3
- Extended Diploma Level 3 in IT Yr2 (Top Up) GpA
- ICT and Computing BTEC 90-Credit Diploma Level 3
- ICT and Computing BTEC National Certificate Level 3
- ICT and Computing BTEC National Foundation Diploma Level 3
- IT and Computing BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma
- IT BTEC Level 3 National Diploma
Level 5 or higher
What are the levels?
Try our Careers Calculator on Job Opportunities and Rates of Pay
Try the Careers Calculator below to find out if the chances of finding work in your preferred profession are good or not and to find out what you can expect to earn.