Use the form below to register your interest now!
Brand new for 2016, we have created a Level 3 qualification in Performing Arts.
- We will provide you with a Professional Allowance of £1,000 if you are aged 16-18 years old
- We will offer Performance Bursaries for high achieving students aged 19 or older
Performing Arts Auditions
Next Audition date: To be announced soon.
Location: Tottenham Centre
To register for an audition or for more information, please complete the enquiry form below.
This is a completely different approach to the study of performing arts; you will be performing in professional venues and you will set up your own theatre company in order to learn and develop important employability and entrepreneurial skills.
If you’re passionate about this incredible industry, but don’t yet know which aspect of it you prefer, then this course is perfect for you.
You will be touring, will learn how to perform for TV and Film, devise contemporary performance pieces and build a portfolio of your work that you are proud to show to potential employers, agents or as part of auditions for freelance work or further study at Drama Schools/Universities.
A team of industry practitioners, as well as Lecturers, will guide you through your professional development as a performer, and you will undertake assignments that enable you to fully engage with the current industry, as well as undertake professional work experience as part of work related practice.
You will need to register your interest using the form below – NOW!
As part of the application process you will have an interview and audition.
Prior to the audition date, you will be sent details of what you will need to rehearse for and perform on the day.
This is the first step in achieving your dreams!
Areas of study include:
- Performing to Audiences
- Devising performance pieces through urban dance, acting and music
- Contemporary and cultural theatre practice
- Touring and theatre company development
- Working in the Business, Auditions and Historical Context
- Acting techniques for TV and Film
- Script and storytelling for screen and stage development
And each term will end with a performance to an invited and paying audience, so that each assignment is preparing you for this performance
Unique additional opportunities:
We said it would be different! We realise the individuality of you all in terms of your interests and potential career choices, so we’ve developed a scheme to help you continue to do just that! If you are successful in obtaining a place on our course, we will provide you with an opportunity to choose from a menu of additional training, to the value of £1,000*(16-18 year olds).
Examples might include:
- Working towards grade 8 piano
- Recording studio hire to progress your promotional activities
- Music Producer mentoring
- Artistic Directing mentoring
- Receiving singing lessons with professionals
- Voice coaching for stage and screen
- Prosthetics make up training
- Costume making short programmes
- Dance lessons for street/urban/classical dance
- Audition coaching for casting in film and advertising
These unique opportunities will add to your individual portfolio, demonstrating your commitment to your industry and strengthen your professional profile.
And for those of you applying to the course who are 19 years and older, we will offer ‘Performance Bursaries’ for high achieving students – those of you coming to us with exceptional portfolios of previous accomplishments in this field.
You might have progressed through professional graded examinations in music; might have performed on national stages; have professional dance certificates; even released your own material and won critical acclaim!
We will identify you through your audition and interview and successful applicants will be informed accordingly.
If that’s not enough, as part of your course you will be able to improve:
- English and maths
- Self-confidence, presentation and communication skills
- Planning and study skills
- Job search and CV writing techniques
- Interview and employability skills
- Creation of a professional portfolio to include video and photographic evidence to show your individual skills and specialism
- Individual auditions with professional casting specialists
Who is this course for?
This Performing Arts Level 3 is for you, if you:
- Are passionate about performing to large audieces and would like to pursue a career in this area, or feel it would enable you to attain excellent skills that you can apply to other related careers.
- Are aged 16 years and over
- Have a Level 2 qualification if you are 16 – 18 years old; equivalent to 4 GCSEs with English at grade C or above.
- If you do not hold grade C in Maths, you will be expected to re-take as part of your programme ofstudy.
- Would like to gain a 3 A level equivalent vocational qualification in order to pursue your dreams in this vibrant area of work
Performing Arts Enquiry Form
What are the levels?
Try our Careers Calculator on Job Opportunities and Rates of Pay
Try the Careers Calculator below to find out if the chances of finding work in your preferred profession are good or not and to find out what you can expect to earn.