- 97.1% Achieve their qualifications
We understand the importance of teaching and know how rewarding a profession it can be.
Depending on your experience, we have a range of training courses designed for new or experienced teachers and lecturers, which help you to develop the skills to lead and inspire in education.
Teaching offers fantastic career prospects, and our courses are a great place to start or further develop your skills in the profession.
The School of Teacher Education offers progression routes from Level 2 to Level 5 and some postgraduate qualifications. All of our courses are taught with a variety of approaches in mind, designed to make your learning experience the best it can be.
We offer Courses and Apprenticeships in:
- Supporting Adults and Young People in Essential Skills.
- Supporting Teaching and Learning
- Assessing Vocational Achievements
- English literacy and numeracy
- Education and training
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education
- Specialist Diplomas in English, literacy, ESOL and teaching disabled learners.
What you could earn
Teaching Assistant: Hourly Pay £9.43, Weekly Pay £330, Annual Pay £17,160
Learning Mentor/Assistants: Hourly Pay £9,44, Weekly Pay £340, Annual Pay £17,680
Library Assistant: Hourly Pay £10.86, Weekly Pay £380, Annual Pay £19,760
Primary School Teacher: Hourly Pay £20.01, Weekly Pay £690, Annual Pay £35,880
Secondary School Teacher: Hourly Pay £22.73, Weekly Pay £750, Annual Pay £39,000
FE Lecturer: Hourly Pay £19.46, Weekly Pay £720, Annual Pay £37,440
- Lessons from Zuzana for teaching success
- College becomes one of only a few offering additional teaching diplomas
Level 5 or higher
- Cambridge Certificate in English Language Teaching (CELTA) Level 5
- Diploma in Education and Training (DET formerly DTLLS) Level 5 validated by Canterbury Christchurch University
- Diploma in Education and Training (DET formerly DTLLS) Level 5 validated by City & Guilds
- Pre-Service PGCE in Post Compulsory Education Level 7
- Specialist Diploma in Teaching English: Literacy and ESOL Level 5
- Teaching Disabled Learners Diploma Level 5
What are the levels?
Try our Careers Calculator on Job Opportunities and Rates of Pay
Try the Careers Calculator below to find out if the chances of finding work in your preferred profession are good or not and to find out what you can expect to earn.