The Ray & Associates Bursary of £500 was awarded for the first time in July 2009. This bursary is available exclusively to our learners through the kindness of Mr Ray Ankrah, a local Practicing Chartered Management Accountant. In establishing this bursary, Mr Ankrah hopes to:
1. Encourage learners who are interested in a career in accountancy.
2. Identify and reward those who have an exemplary record as students of finance at The College of Haringey, Enfield and North East London.
3. Raise the profile of the area as an emerging centre of excellence for business.
4. Encourage similar companies in the area to do the same.
The Ray & Associates Bursary is open to:
In addition to meeting the above criteria, the judges will be looking for an exceptional student who has worked hard and shown an outstanding commitment to their studies. This might not be the learner with the highest grades, but one who has shown commitment and enthusiasm.
This bursary fund can be awarded in one of two ways:
1. £500 to one learner OR
2. £250 each to two learners.
The decision to award the Bursary to one or two learners is at the judges’ discretion, and the winner is free to spend their bursary as they wish. The Ray & Associates Bursary fund will be made available to the winner(s) by the end of August each year, with an official presentation by Mr Ankrah at the College's Excellence Awards in November/December of that year.