IT and Computing Academy
The College's IT and Computing Academy is run in partnership with risual education
If you want an IT career that takes you to the very top in business, apply today for our IT and Computing Academy, run in partnership with risual education.
Complete the enquiry form below and we will get in touch with you within 24 hours.
Who is eligible for the IT and Computing Academy?
Learners aged 16 – 24 who enrol on the IT Apprenticeship Academy Level 3 are able to apply for a place on the IT Academy. Level 3 Extended qualifications are equivalent to studying for three A Levels. Level 3 qualifications are ideal for university and for work as they both earn UCAS points and are skills-based. Click on this link to find out more about the IT Apprenticeship Academy Level 3.
To get your place on the IT and Computing Academy, join our fast-track three-month IT Pre-Apprenticeship Level 2 programme.
Students who succeed on the fast track three-month IT Pre-Apprenticeship Level 2 will progress to the IT Apprenticeship Level 3.
From there, students will be placed with top flight companies, often leading to permanent jobs.
Fast-Track Pre-Apprenticeship IT and Computing Level 2
You will learn:
- How to improve productivity at work using IT
- How to set up an IT System
- HTML5 App Developments with Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA certification)
- Essential IT Communications knowledge
- Website software
- English and maths
The Fast-Track Pre-Apprenticeship IT Level 2 runs three days a week for three months:
Wednesday 9am - 2pm
Thursday 9am - 5pm
Friday 9am - 1.30pm
- to be aged 16 - 24 years old
- have five GCSEs at grade C or above, including maths and English
What you get as a member of the IT and Computing Academy
- Paid £8.50 an hour for a four-day work placement with a leading company
- Work experience opportunities with Leyton Orient Football Club
- Leadership Development, attending master classes by leading IT experts, personal mentoring and coaching by industry leaders, trips and visits to high profile companies
- One day a week in College to study for the IT and Telecoms Advanced Apprenticeship Level 3 qualification
Under the scheme, gifted College IT and Computing apprentices join the College’s IT and Computing Academy and are placed in leading financial companies for four days a week paid employment. The apprenticess also spend one day a week at College studying for their qualifications.
For more information or to register for the IT and Computing Academy, complete the Enquiry Form above or call the Course Information Line on 020 8442 3055.
- Last Updated: 17 January 2017