Choose your course now...
There are many factors to consider when deciding on an apprenticeship or college course. What job will you get at the end of it? Will that job keep you motivated and stimulated? Will it provide a satisfactory work-life balance? And what are your salary expectations?
Of course, pay shouldn’t be the only consideration when deciding upon a future career, but it’s undoubtedly an important factor. Use our Careers Calculator to find the earning potential for a specific job, view the UK’s average salary, or compare two or three different options.
How to use our Careerometer
Our Careerometer couldn’t be easier to use:
- If you want to know what the average UK worker earns, simply click the box marked “Display the UK average” to see pay details broken down daily, weekly and annually. You’ll also find statistics on projected workforce change and retirement rates.
- To find salary information for a specific career, enter a job in the search box (e.g. “plumber” or “nurse”). Again, you’ll find the salary details divided into daily, weekly and annual sums, alongside workforce growth and replacement predictions. Click “More info” for a brief description of the job and a list of common tasks.
- Want to compare two or three different roles to one another, or against the UK average? Use multiple search boxes to find specific jobs and pit them against each other or click “Display the UK average” in one of the boxes.
Our Careerometer is powered by existing sources of reliable, high-quality labour market information (LMI) brought together by LMI for All.
The data that powers this application is organised around the Standard Occupational Classification, which classifies all jobs into 369 detailed categories based upon:
- The tasks that are undertaken
- The level and nature of the skills and qualifications required to do the job
Found the information you’re looking for? Want to learn about studying for a job in your ideal career? Search for your perfect course or apprenticeship, then find out all you need to know about enrolling at CONEL here.