CONEL CONSTRUCTION TUTOR NAMED RUNNER-UP FOR FE LECTURER OF THE YEAR AWARD

Paul Oatham with Sarah Ebanja

Paul Oatham, Curriculum Manager for Construction at CONEL has been named a runner up in the FE Lecturer of the Year category of the prestigious Pearson Teaching Awards. Paul was shortlisted after achieving a Silver Award but narrowly missed out on a Gold Plato Award at the ceremony at The Brewery in Chiswell Street, Central London, on 21 October.

After the ceremony, Paul said: “It’s been an amazing year! I’m so very humbled to have been nominated for the Pearson Award for FE Lecturer of the Year. Although I did not win the Gold Plato Award tonight, to win a Silver Award was amazing and something I never expected.

“This was a very proud moment for me, seated with amazing teachers who have helped their learners achieve their dreams. I would like to thank my family, students and work colleagues, without whose support I would not be here today.”

Paul’s students and the college nominated him for an award and described him as ‘inspirational’, ‘awesome’, ‘brilliant’, ‘knowledgeable’ and, ‘ supportive’, during their studies.

His creative teaching and learning methods and often self-made resources have had an incredible impact with all his students successfully completing their courses ahead of schedule and progressing onto higher levels of study or employment.

Interim Principal Kurt Hintz said: “We are extremely proud of Paul’s achievement in receiving one of this year’s Silver Pearson Teaching Awards. Paul embodies all that it is to be a teacher at CONEL and his recognition is recognition for all of our teachers who work so hard to inspire students in the classrooms, workshops and workplaces. It’s been a great year for CONEL and Paul’s recognition and award does top it all off. Congratulations to Paul!”

The Pearson Teaching Awards will be televised in a programme called Britain’s Classroom Heroes on BBC2 on Sunday 28 October.

OUR CENTRES
Tottenham Centre
High Road, Tottenham
N15 4RU
MAP & INFORMATION
Enfield Centre
73 Hertford Road, Enfield
EN3 5HA
MAP & INFORMATION
Part of Capital City College Group
Part of the Capital City College Group
GET IN TOUCH
020 8442 3055
ajax-loader