CELEBRATING STAR APPRENTICE DAVID DURING #NAW2020

#NAW2020

This week is National Apprenticeships Week #NAW2020 (an annual week-long celebration of apprenticeships across England) and, as one of London’s leading apprenticeship providers, delivering over 1250 apprenticeships in 2019, we’re celebrating one of our shining stars, Customer Service Level 2 Apprentice David Brown.

Like all apprentices, David has a job and works in North Middlesex Hospital as a Health Records Assistant. David started his apprenticeship in September 2017 and told us: “It was my manager who found the apprenticeship course on the North Middlesex Hospital Intranet.”

During an apprenticeship, the apprentice usually spends one day each week in the classroom where they study for a qualification, and they do their paid job with their employer the other four days of the week. For David, his one day of learning was at CONEL’s Tottenham Centre, studying for a Customer Service Intermediate Apprenticeship.

David, having worked at the hospital for a number of years, started the apprenticeship to develop new skills that will stay with him forever. When asked what he enjoyed the most about his apprenticeship, David said, “I would say improving on my written and verbal communication skills. This has given me more confidence when talking to patients or colleagues.”

David is the first of our learners to achieve a Distinction on the apprenticeship. He said: “When I heard I was the first to get a Distinction, I felt very proud of myself. It was hard work but it all feels worth it now.”

When asked about the tutors he had throughout his apprenticeship, David said, “For me, my maths and English tutor really helped and encourage me to pass my maths and English exams. My assessor was also very supportive of me, especially concerning my coursework. They really pushed me and helped me to achieve this Distinction.”

Capital City College Training is the training arm of the Capital City College Group that delivers apprenticeships, bringing together the expertise of three of London’s largest and most respected colleges – The College of Haringey, Enfield and North East London, Westminster Kingsway College and the College of Haringey, Enfield and North East London. Together they provide a workforce equipped for today’s opportunities through apprenticeships, continual professional development (CPD) courses and bespoke training.

Celebrating National Apprenticeships Week

Monday 3 February

The College of Haringey, Enfield and North East London will be hosting an Information, Advice and Guidance session from 2pm-5pm at its Tottenham Centre.

Wednesday 5 February

CONEL’s two sister colleges, City & Islington College and Westminster Kingsway College will be hosting Information, Advice and Guidance sessions at the Centre for Business, Arts and Technology from 10am-1pm and the King’s Cross Centre from 11am-2pm.

Friday 7 February

The College of Haringey, Enfield and North East London will be hosting an Information, Advice and Guidance Session from 2pm-5pm at its Tottenham Centre.

OUR CENTRES
Tottenham Centre
High Road, Tottenham
N15 4RU
MAP & INFORMATION
Enfield Centre
73 Hertford Road, Enfield
EN3 5HA
MAP & INFORMATION
Part of Capital City College Group
Part of the Capital City College Group
GET IN TOUCH
020 8442 3055
ajax-loader