Welcome to CONEL
Get the skills and experience for your career
At the College of Haringey, Enfield and North East London (CONEL) you’ll gain the cutting edge skills for your chosen career.
These include accounting, business, construction, childcare, creative and media, engineering, English for speakers of other languages (ESOL), hairdressing and beauty therapy, health and social care, ICT and computing. music and performing arts, public services, science, sport and fitness, supported learning, teacher education and travel and tourism.
Why choose CONEL?
- Our achievement rate across all subject areas in 2015/16 was 86.8%, with apprenticeships alone 6.5% above the national average.
- Our last Ofsted was ‘outstanding’ and ‘good’ across all inspection areas.
- Second in London in the FE Choices Learner Satisfaction Survey in 2015/16 with a score of 87%.
- A CONEL poll for 2016/17 found 94% of students were satisfied with the College., with 97% saying teaching was very good, they were treated with respect and feedback from staff had helped them to improve.
- Top in London and among the top 20 nationally in the FE Choices Employer Satisfaction Survey for 2015/16 with 93%.
- We’ve invested over £20 million since 2010 in new technology and resources to give you the best education and start to your career.
- Each year more than 60% of our students are in work six months after leaving college and around 300 progress to university.
- Top quality facilities and tutors with real industry experience to give you great advice and professional support in your development.
These are just some of the reasons we’re consistently ranked among the most popular and best further education colleges in London.
Focus on STEM
We have a strong focus STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths) to give you the technical expertise needed in the modern workplace.
Our hi-tech facilities include:
- Construction and engineering workshops
- Microsoft Showcase Classroom
- Creative and media suites
- Science laboratories
In addition, we have two fully equipped Health and Social Care suites and modern Hairdressing and Beauty Therapy salons.
Vocational Skills Courses
Vocational skills courses are an excellent alternative to A-levels and are designed to train you for a specific job or for further study, including university.
Our diverse range of courses from Entry Level to Level 3 give you the knowledge and experience to get a job in your choice of career, many of which include work placements with top companies.
If you are aged 16 to 18 these courses are free as your tuition fees are covered by the Government.
We have 30 years’ experience in apprenticeships and currently work with around 370 employers to train more than 1,000 apprentices.
The best thing about an apprenticeship is that you get to earn while you learn, usually spending four days a week at work and one day at college.
You’ll pay no tuition fees, with your employer covering the cost through schemes like the Apprenticeship Levy, unlike university where you’ll pay up to £9,000 a year.
Alternatively, you could choose to stay at CONEL and study for a Higher National Certificate (HNC) or Higher National Diploma (HND) at Levels 4 and 5. We also offer a Foundation or Honours Degree in Counselling and a Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE).
English and Maths
Whatever your chosen career, you’ll need to have a good standard of English and Maths. If you’re looking to resit your GCSEs or improve your language and numeracy skills, we’ll ensure you make the grade.
Enrichment and Support Services
At CONEL you’ll have access to a wide range of enrichment activities and support services, including:
- MyDay mobile phone app and eZone student website
- Learning managers to support your development
- Work experience and enrichment opportunities
- Careers advice and support with UCAS applications
- Health and wellbeing advice
- Financial support, such as loans and bursaries
Make sure you don’t miss out and ENROL TODAY!
Education and Skills Funding Agency information on Level 3 education for 16-18s at CONEL can be found here. https://www.compare-school-performance.service.gov.uk/school/130439