Our mission is to help individuals, employers and our community to succeed by providing outstanding education and applied vocational training with a particular focus on skills for employment.
Our vision is to be the number one skills college for businesses and communities, offering a huge range of courses to help people on to skilled jobs, apprenticeships or university.
1. We will put the learner at the centre of what we do.
2. We will set high expectations of our learners, to increase aspiration and focus on success.
3. We will prepare our learners for progression into jobs that meet local and national needs working with employers, our partners and our communities.
4. We will treat our learners as our customers and deliver excellent levels of service in every interaction that we have.
5. We will listen to and respond to the views of learners, parents and carers, employers, stakeholders and staff to improve participation, involvement and performance.
6. We will plan and deliver our courses and training to meet the needs and interests of learners, employers and our local and national community.
7. We will deliver industry standard vocational programmes in industry standard facilities.
8. We will promote best practice in teaching, learning, training and assessment that embraces e-learning and digital technology.
9. We will seek out opportunities for partnership, acquisitions and business opportunities that benefit our stakeholders, community and employers.
10. We will encourage innovation, creativity and enterprise.
11. We will develop an organisational culture based on flexible, highly professional, expert staff that thrive on challenge and meeting the needs of their industries.
12. We will swiftly and relentlessly address areas for improvement and enable our staff to respond to changes required through professional training and development.
13. We will uphold high standards of professional and ethical conduct and rigorous performance management.
14. We will promote a culture where colleagues are valued, developed and supported and promote good role models for learners. Staff skills and expertise will be continuously developed and updated to ensure they are leading edge for their sector.
15. We will embed equality and diversity in all spheres of our activity.
16. We will ensure a safe and healthy environment for learners and staff with a focus on the sustainability of the College.
17. We will proactively engage in developing new markets to diversify the College’s income streams and strengthen its financial stability.
18. We will maintain the financial sustainability and viability of the College, delivering good value for money, to ensure the College can continue to fulfil its mission in the future.
- Last Updated: 14 September 2015