Basketball Academy trials for academic year of entry 2018
To register for a trial, please complete the form below.
Location: Enfield Centre
-Sunday 27th January 2019
-Sunday 24th February 2019
-Saturday 9th March 2019
-Saturday 20th April 2019
-Saturday 11th May 2019
-Saturday 29th June 2019
Trials will be held at our Enfield Centre:
College of Haringey, Enfield and North East London
73 Hertford Road
(Sat-Nav EN3 5AL)
The College of Haringey, Enfield and North East London is in partnership with the London School of Basketball (LSB) and is the official Basketball Coaching Partner for the College’s Basketball Academy. The Academy's official name is the LSB North London Basketball Academy.
The LSB is London’s biggest basketball development programme and provides coaching, competitions and support for players at all levels from grassroots through to elite. The Academy is linked through the LSB directly into the London Lions professional team, and the top Academy players have the opportunity to train with London’s premier basketball team. The London Lions play in the British Basketball League.
The Academy is committed to providing elite training, support, guidance, coaching and competitions to gifted and talented players. With strong links to professional basketball teams and universities throughout Britain – and a bespoke preparation and placement programme for American colleges, players who attend the LSB North London Academy will be well positioned to fulfil their basketball ambitions.
What you get as a College Basketball Academy player:
All Academy players will receive:
- Free training kit, tracksuit and kit bag
- Professional basketball coaching of 6 hours per week in the College's brand new Sports facility at Enfield, by professional basketball coaches with international and US college experience
- Weekly competitive games in College and Community Basketball Leagues
- Affiliation with London's biggest professional club London Lions
- On site medical support for injury prevention and rehabilitation
- Free membership and use of the brand new College gym and fitness suite
- Free fitness, strength and conditioning, exercise and nutrition programmes designed and monitored for you
In addition to the above, elite Academy players will receive:
- 15 hours of professional basketball coaching per week
- Open access to daily training facilities
- Individual skills development programme
- SAT testing preparation and support
- College/pro placement support
- Opportunity to become a College Sponsored Athlete - value of up to £2500 per year
- Annual travel to the USA and Europe to compete in international competitions
Basketball Academy Selection Criteria
To be eligible to be considered for the Academy, you must be:
- 16-18 years of age on 31 August of the enrolling year
- Enrolled on a full-time programme of study at the College's Enfield Centre
Studying as part of the Basketball Academy
Learners who join the College's Basketball Academy will study at the College's Enfield Centre.
Learners can select ANY full-time course at the College's Enfield Centre while taking part in the Basketball Academy scheme.
Academy Coaching Staff
The Basketball Academy's Assistant Coach is Alex DuCasse.
I started playing basketball from the age of 12 where I made the regional London under 13’s team (RDT) and then went on to the London u15’s regional team. At 18 I was offered a basketball scholarship to Middlesex university where we made BUC’s final 8’s (top 8 teams in the UK) twice in a row. My playing career was always shunned with injuries which lead me into coaching from the age of 20, while still playing for the university and completing a Masters in Strength & conditioning. Now I am a fully qualified coach, I have been the assistant regional (London) basketball coach for 3 years and have 3 gold medals for those years. I am also part of the London Aspire program (regional performance centre), with the top 40 London players (all under 15 years old) come for practice specially selected by Basketball England. As well as all of the above I am also head coach of an under 16 premier national league basketball team. I feel I can have a big impact here at the college as I have gone down the same path as these young student athletes are taking. Hopefully showing them that studying and playing basketball go hand in hand.
Our Great Facilities
- New £1.5million Sports Centre fully refurbished for September 2014
- Full sized sports hall with resurfaced multisport floor
- Industry standard cardio and resistance training gym
- Bespoke basketball training equipment
- Medical facilities
- High quality changing and disabled facilities
For more information or to register for a trial, complete the Enquiry Form below or call the Course Information Line on 020 8442 3055.
- Last Updated: 10 January 2019