tracking

Introduction to the course

These qualifications are intended for those who want to gain the knowledge and practical skills to progress onto a plumbing apprenticeship programme.

All learners will complete the mandatory units within the qualification, learners will need to undertake the following units;

• Understand the Fundamental Principles and Requirements of Environmental Technology Systems

• Health and Safety in Building Services Engineering

• Plumbing system installation planning

• Complex cold water systems

• Domestic hot water

• Sanitation and drainage systems

• Central heating systems

• Domestic gas principles

• Career awareness in building services engineering

This is a Framework qualification.

Who could take this qualification? OR who is this qualification designed for?

This is a standalone qualification, and is suitable for anyone aged 16 and over. It can be under taken by any learner wishing to embark on a career within the plumbing sector.

The level 3 diploma will suit you if you already have a good understanding of basic plumbing knowledge and skills such as L2 6035 Plumbing Diploma, and you want develop your skills even further to start a career in the plumbing industry. This qualification is aimed and designed for young or adult learners.

There are other qualifications within this suite, learners specifically taking this qualification will be gaining the knowledge required to progress further within the plumbing sector.

Will the qualification support progression to further learning, if so, what to?

Learners successfully completing this qualification can progress there careers further by registering on a number of other plumbing qualification such as:

Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Domestic Plumbing and Heating 600/1122/1

Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Domestic Plumbing and Heating (Gas Fired Warm Air Appliances) 600/1124/5

Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Domestic Plumbing and Heating (Gas Fired Water and Central Heating Appliances) 600/1134/8

What do I need?

You will need a NVQ Level 2 or Plumbing and Heating Diploma at level 2.

How is the course taught?

You will be taught through mainly theory but with practical training and assessments which include assignment writing.

How will I be assessed?

You will be assessed through your completed practical tasks. Using industry standards. Multi choice and paper-based exams and written assignments.

What does it lead to?

You can gain employment in building services management or a plumbing apprenticeship. There may be the opportunities for progression on to a foundation degree or other higher education course.

What jobs could this lead to?

This qualification does not lead directly to a job, but it will prepare you to start other qualifications, specific to the plumbing sector. On successful completion learners will have a good understanding of plumbing knowledge and skills.

Employer's Benefit

The skills you have obtained can equip you with the high level skills to work in the building services industry.

Course Details

Location Start Date - End Date - Study Mode
Tottenham Centre 2 Sep 2019 - 3 Jul 2020 - Daytime

Course Code: DV3MPAH1 / 19DA11A

Information on course fees

If you are aged 16 - 18:
Courses are free up to Level 3

If you are over 18, fees may apply:
If you are over 18, fees may apply. Click here for information on financial help available to you.

If you are aged 24+ click here for information on financial help available to you. This course is eligible for a loan.

Information on how to apply
Apply Now!

brendan

daniel

georgia

harley

jahbarey

Testimonial

Charlotte

I really enjoy my course. For the future I want to move to the next level for bricklaying. I also want to get into the plumbing and electrical side of things.

Charlotte Farkas Bricklaying Diploma Level 2

Try our Careerometer on Job Opportunities and Rates of Pay

Try the Careerometer below to find out if the chances of finding work in your preferred profession are good or not and to find out what you can expect to earn.

Enquiry Form

Please tell us your name

/ /

Please enter your date of birth

Please tell us your email address

Please confirm your email address

Please tell us your mobile number

Please tell us your enquiry

Invalid Input

Invalid Input

Invalid Input