Tracking

Introduction to the course

This course will provide you with the knowledge and skills to access the Bricklaying industry and give you the opportunity to work towards achieving NVQ level 2. Once you have completed your hands on bricklaying training, you will then be industry ready.

The course will allow you to learn, develop and practise the skills required for employment and/or career progression in Bricklaying.

It covers the following skills:

• Interpreting working drawings to set out masonry

• structures

• Producing thin joint masonry and masonry

• cladding

• Building solid walling, isolated and attached piers

• Construct cavity walling forming masonry structures

What do I need?

You will need a good level of English and Math’s to undertake this course. If you have no qualifications don’t worry we will do a simple test on both with you to ascertain your levels. Following a successful interview with our industry expert staff you will then be enrolled onto the course. This course will help you get work in the construction industry. You will produce a portfolio of work to show future employers.

How is the course taught?

You will enhance your hand skill during the Level 2 course. You will gain more experience and knowledge increasing your awareness of the construction industry and options for future qualifications and employment. You will be taught through a range of methods such as on line learning through our Moodle platform, In class delivery as well as practical demonstrations and tasks to complete your portfolio. Your classes will typically be one evening of theory one evening of practical, however this will be adjusted according to the groups needs.

How will I be assessed?

The course is assessed with practical modules and unit on-line exams and assignments. Students will sit two end of year exams in Brickwork & Functional skills & will have the option to sit the CSCS Health & Safety exam (additional cost for CSCS exam if the learner requires it).

What does it lead to?

It allows candidates to progress into employment or further qualifications of study or an apprenticeship.

Employer's Benefit

Bricklaying is one of the traditional trades both in the UK and around the world - Sir Winston Churchill is known to have enjoyed laying bricks and building walls during his lifetime. Those studying bricklaying will learn a variety of skills to enable them to build, repair and maintain the country's housing stock. A Level 2 qualification is considered to be the industry standard. Obtaining this level can lead to a career as a bricklayer. This will further support the national skills shortage for Bricklayers allowing employers to grow and benefit from the additional skilled labor available.

Course Details

Location Start Date - End Date - Study Mode
Enfield Centre 3 Sep 2018 - 5 Jul 2019 - Evening

Course Code: DP2MBRK1 / 18EA11Z

Information on course fees

If you are aged 16 - 18:
Courses are free up to Level 3

If you are over 18, fees may apply:
This course is FREE if you fulfil the entry requirements, complete an Eligibility Residency Assessment, and if working, provide a copy of your latest payslip.

Information on how to apply
Apply here
Tottenham Centre 17 Sep 2018 - 5 Jul 2019 - Evening

Course Code: DP2MBRK1 / 18EA11A

Information on course fees

If you are aged 16 - 18:
Courses are free up to Level 3

If you are over 18, fees may apply:
This course is FREE if you fulfil the entry requirements, complete an Eligibility Residency Assessment, and if working, provide a copy of your latest payslip.

Information on how to apply
Apply here

brendan

daniel

georgia

harley

jahbarey

Testimonial

Charlotte

I really enjoy my course. For the future I want to move to the next level for bricklaying. I also want to get into the plumbing and electrical side of things.

Charlotte Farkas Bricklaying Diploma Level 2

Try our Careers Calculator on Job Opportunities and Rates of Pay

Try the Careers Calculator below to find out if the chances of finding work in your preferred profession are good or not and to find out what you can expect to earn.

Enquiry Form

Please tell us your name

/ /

Please enter your date of birth

Please tell us your email address

Please confirm your email address

Please tell us your mobile number

Please tell us your enquiry

Invalid Input

Invalid Input

Invalid Input