Course Code: DP1MBUS1 / 20DA11Y
Information on course fees
If you are aged 16 - 18:
If you are over 18, fees may apply:
Introduction to the course
Our BTEC Level 1 Introductory Diploma in Business course is popular and highly relevant for those passionate about pursuing a career in business or setting up their own business in the future, but with little or no knowledge in business studies.
The course will give you an introductory experience in Business, with focus on the different sectors of this wide and varied industry.
To achieve your qualification, you will need to complete 10 units within 1 year.
What do I need?
You need to have a good basic standard of English and Maths, with an interest in Business, and you also need to be reliable and punctual.
How is the course taught?
You will attend 2-3 days a week and have a mixture of taught sessions and workshops. You will complete a range of units, be organised, take assessments that will demonstrate your skills and keep a portfolio of your assignments.
All learners taking these qualifications will study core units that focus on:
- Being organised
- Developing a Personal Progression Plan
- Working with others
- Researching a topic
- Presenting a Business Idea
- Contributing to running an event
- Finding out about businesses in your area
- Organising a meeting
- Creating a Visual Display
- Recording Income and expenditure
- Communicating with Customers
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed through course work and a range of different activities and will be given opportunities to:
- Carry out practical tasks
- Present information you have gathered
- Keep working logbooks, records and reflective journals
- Practise English and mathematical skills
- Take part in oral or written presentations
- Take part in role play, interviews and other activities
What does it lead to?
The course offers you the opportunity to develop your personal and professional skills to make you ready for work, an apprenticeship or further study at Level 2.
|Location||Start Date - End Date - Study Mode|
|Enfield Centre||1 Sep 2020 - 2 Jul 2021 - Daytime|
- Last Updated: 05 December 2019
Apply for Courses Here
What are the levels?
Try our Careerometer on Job Opportunities and Rates of Pay
Try the Careerometer below to find out if the chances of finding work in your preferred profession are good or not and to find out what you can expect to earn.