Plumbing & Construction Courses & Apprenticeships
- 94.6% of our students are satisfied, the highest for any FE college in the country
(FE Choices Learner Satisfaction, 2016/17)
- 84.6%% of our construction and plumbing students achieved their qualifications
From an urban regeneration project to a new iconic landmark, London is where exciting construction happens.
Our construction workshops are among the largest in London and are equipped with the latest building tools and machinery to help you build your career in the industry. You’ll have the chance to learn skills in bricklaying, carpentry, joinery, painting and decorating, electrical installation, plumbing and other building services.
We also work with Job Centre Plus to provide a course in brickwork to enable people who are unemployed to obtain a Construction Skills Certificate Scheme (CSCS) card to enable them access to work on construction site.
Our Courses and Apprenticeships
The School of Construction offers progression from Level 1 to Level 3. All our courses are taught with a variety of approaches in mind, designed to make your learning experience the best it can be.
We offer Courses and Apprenticeships in:
- Basic Construction
- Dry lining
- Carpentry and Joinery
- Construction – Multi Skills
- Electrical Installations
- Plumbing and Heating
Top Facts for Construction
- Job Centre Plus programmes in brickwork have proven successful in delivering employability skills.
- Courses offer constructive, supportive and timely feedback, which helps students improve.
- Progress in workshops and classrooms shows most students will go on to achieve.
- Students take pride in their work, become confident and self-assured as they learn.
- Reviews of work placements are positive with employers complimentary of students’ work.
What you could earn
Plumber: Hourly Pay £14.05, Weekly Pay £590, Annual Pay £30,680
Carpenter: Hourly Pay £14.05, Weekly Pay £590, Annual Pay £30,680
Bricklayer: Hourly Pay £12.09, Weekly Pay £520, Annual Pay £27,040
Painter/Decorator: Hourly Pay £11.40, Weekly Pay £490, Annual Pay £25,480
Electrician: Hourly Pay £13.95, Weekly Pay £600, Annual Pay £31,200
Building Surveyor: Hourly Pay £20.26, Weekly Pay £790, Annual Pay £41,080
- ‘Career in construction built up my confidence’
- CONEL students hired for key Enfield construction site
- CONEL hosted Construction Business Breakfast in partnership with the Conneely Group
- CONEL’s Paul Mitchell is in the running for Apprentice of the Year
What are the levels?
Try our Careers Calculator on Job Opportunities and Rates of Pay
Try the Careers Calculator below to find out if the chances of finding work in your preferred profession are good or not and to find out what you can expect to earn.