Counselling Courses and Apprenticeships in London
Are you a good listener and able to empathise with other people’s problems?
Here at CONEL College, vocational counselling courses will give you the theoretical and practical skills you need for a successful career in counselling.
The courses at Level 2 and 3 are aimed at those who already have counselling skills and are looking to enhance their knowledge and take the next steps in their training. These courses have a strong emphasis on personal growth and self-exploration, which has often seen students go through a life-changing experience.
Our degree course, run in partnership with Middlesex University, meets the training requirements of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy. The course is aimed at those already working in different occupations who want to develop their skills and gain a qualification to work professionally as a counsellor.
Our counselling courses and apprenticeships
The School of Health and Social Care and Childcare at CONEL offers progression routes from Level 2 to Foundation Degree level in counselling.
We offer the following counselling courses:
- Counselling Skills
- Foundation Degree in Counselling
Top benefits of counselling courses and apprenticeships in London
- Our counselling courses provide great links with employers and community organisations
- There are excellent work experience prospects for all students, leading to fantastic job opportunities in London and beyond
- Students can learn specialisms in many areas not matched anywhere else
- We work closely with Middlesex University to deliver degrees in counselling
- Counselling courses are run in conjunction with North Middlesex University Hospital and Whittington Health
- A growing number of apprentices and students are now starting work in the healthcare sector
How much do counsellors earn?
If you’re considering counselling as a career, you’re probably wondering how much you can earn. As a rough guide, here’s a guide to the hourly, weekly and annual wages for the following counselling professions:
- Counsellor: Hourly Pay £17.42 Weekly Pay £540, Annual Pay £28,080
- Nurse: Hourly Pay £17.18, Weekly Pay £670, Annual Pay £34,840
- Social Worker: Hourly Pay £17.63, Weekly Pay £670, Annual Pay £34,840
- CONEL agrees deal with Whittington Health to train up to 85 apprentices
- College showcases the best in Health, Social Care and Early Years education to local school children
- • French Social Care Students Experience London’s Top College CONEL
Apply for Courses Here
What are the levels?
Try our Careerometer on Job Opportunities and Rates of Pay
Try the Careerometer below to find out if the chances of finding work in your preferred profession are good or not and to find out what you can expect to earn.