Early Years and Childcare
- 94.6% of our students are satisfied, the highest for any FE college in the country
(FE Choices Learner Satisfaction, 2016/17)
- 94% of our early years and childcare students passed their exams
Caring and teaching young children can be a very rewarding profession.
Our childcare courses cover looking after a child and development from understanding play and learning, to health, wellbeing and safety. Anyone wanting to work with children at a school, nursery or preschool needs a Level 2 qualification.
Our Level 3 qualification expands on areas taught in previous levels, and also includes lessons on supporting children with additional needs, child protection and child observation and assessment.
Level 2 and 3 courses also include work experience with our employers over the course of your studies to put your theoretical skills into practice and enhance your professional development of working in this sector.
Our Courses and Apprenticeships
The School of Health and Social Care and Early Years offers progression routes from Level 1 to 4 courses in Early Years and Childcare. All of our Childcare courses are taught with a variety of approaches in mind, designed to make your learning experience the best it can be.
We offer courses and apprenticeships in
- Caring for Children
- Introduction to Early Years
- Childcare and Education
- Early Years Practitioner
Top Facts for Childcare courses
- Excellent links with employers and community organisations
- Work experience for all students leading to fantastic job opportunities
- Specialisms in many areas not matched anywhere else
- Close working with Middlesex University to deliver degrees in counselling
- Training partnerships with North Middlesex University Hospital and Whittington Health
- Growing number of apprentices and students starting work in healthcare sector
What you could earn
Nursery Worker: Hourly Pay £8.21, Weekly Pay £320, Annual Pay £16,
Teaching Assistant: Hourly Pay £9.43, Weekly Pay £330, Annual Pay £17,160
- CONEL agrees deal with Whittington Health to train up to 85 apprentices
- College showcases the best in Health, Social Care and Early Years education to local school children
- • French Social Care Students Experience London’s Top College CONEL
What are the levels?
Try our Careers Calculator on Job Opportunities and Rates of Pay
Try the Careers Calculator below to find out if the chances of finding work in your preferred profession are good or not and to find out what you can expect to earn.