Course Code: AW3MPWCF / 19DCS1A
Information on course fees
Full cost courseInformation on how to apply
Introduction to the course
This qualification will prepare learners to work as home-based childcarers/childminders. It will provide knowledge of relevant aspects of childcare policies and procedures in relation to registration and the basic business skills to set up a home-based childcare service.
Units taught include:
CYPOP5 - This unit will prepare learners to work as home-based childcarers/childminders. It will provide knowledge of relevant aspects of childcare policies and procedures in relation to registration and the basic business skills to set up a home-based childcare service.
Key components of the course are as follows:
1. Understand how to set up a home-based childcare service
2. Understand how to establish a safe and healthy home-based environment for children
3. Understand the importance of partnerships with parents for all aspects of the home-based childcare service
4. Understand the principles of development of routines for home-based childcare
5. Understand how to provide play and other activities for children in home-based settings that will support equality and inclusion
6. Understand how home-based childcarers can support the safeguarding of children in their care
7. Understand the principles of supporting positive behaviour in home-based childcare settings
Learners must receive an Achieved grade in the externally assessed Multiple Choice Examination
What do I need?
In line with Ofsted requirements for a Registered Childminder you must have a good level of English and Maths and all learners are interviewed and complete the BKSB basic skills test in mathematics and English prior to ensure that this is the appropriate programme for them.
How is the course taught?
A wide range of strategies to check learning and ensure that the industry standards required for practice in the Early Years’ sector are fully embedded and will include evidence from:
- written work completed in lessons or at home
- NCFE/CACHE assignment tasks and Multiple Choice Revision tasks
- targeted questions in lesson >> group discussion and presentations
- 1:1 discussion as appropriate
How will I be assessed?
There is one external assessment covering the content of this unit. This is a Multiple Choice Examination. The Multiple Choice Examination:
- covers 100% of the unit’s content
- contributes to 100% of the unit’s grade
Not Yet Achieved in the Multiple Choice Examination
A result that does not reach an Achieved grade will be graded as a Not Yet Achieved. If learners intend to take the Multiple Choice Examination for another attempt at an Achieved grade, they will take a different examination paper
What does it lead to?
This will support learners to set up their own business and if they wish dependant on their learning needs can either choose to complete a full L2 or L3 course in Early Years.
|Location||Start Date - End Date - Study Mode|
|Tottenham Centre||21 Apr 2020 - 3 Jul 2020 - Daytime|
|Tottenham Centre||20 Apr 2021 - 2 Jul 2021 - Daytime|
- Last Updated: 06 December 2019
Apply for Courses Here
What are the levels?
Try our Careerometer on Job Opportunities and Rates of Pay
Try the Careerometer below to find out if the chances of finding work in your preferred profession are good or not and to find out what you can expect to earn.