Introduction to the course
As a practitioner within the Early Years Workforce, this Level 4 qualification aims to provide you with professional development opportunities. It will embrace the wealth of experience that you have already gained within the Level 3 Early Years Workforce, and challenge you in both your daily practice and theoretical understanding.
- Enabling children to learn
- Promoting health and well-being through physical activity and nutrition co-ordination (PANCO) in the early years
- Working with others to support children with additional needs, including Special Educational Needs and Disability
- Working with families and other professionals in early years settings
- Implementing change in an early years setting incorporating a small scale research project.
These units are intended to increase knowledge and understanding.
This qualification is a good choice for you if you are looking to progress to become an Advanced Practitioner within the Early Years workforce. The Advanced Practitioner will use crucial leadership skills to mentor others across all roles and responsibilities in the early year’s workforce.
What do I need?
Learners must be 18 years +. 12 months experience in the field.
You must be employed in an Early Years setting at Level 3 to complete this qualification.
How is the course taught?
This course is taught at our campus
How will I be assessed?
You will need to complete 5 mandatory units to achieve this qualification.
Assessment of learning – identifies how your work will meet the requirements for completing each of the units. You will see examples of what you could include as evidence for your Learner Portfolio for each unit. This list is not exhaustive or mandatory, and you should liaise with your tutor to discuss your evidence to produce a Portfolio of Evidence.
All assessments need to be passed to gain this qualification.
What does it lead to?
The qualification will also prepare you for further study of early years in higher education and progress to level 5.
You could progress to the following job roles and responsibilities:
- Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCO)
- Physical Activity and Nutrition Coordinator (PANCO)
- Internal progression at a higher level, including those with management responsibilities
- Leadership, mentoring, supervision and management opportunities.
3 Sep 2018 - 5 Jul 2019
3 Sep 2018 - 5 Jul 2019
Last Updated: 20 February 2018