Course Code: NE3MENG1 / 20DA11A
Information on course fees
If you are aged 16 - 18:
If you are over 18, fees may apply:
If you are aged 24+ click here for information on financial help available to you. This course is eligible for a loan.Information on how to apply
Introduction to the course
You will study 18 units including seven core units:
- Health and Safety in the Engineering Workplace
- Communications for Engineering Technicians
- Engineering Project (2 Units)
- Mathematics for Engineering Technicians
- Mechanical Principles and Applications
- Electrical and Electronic Principles
- Principles & Applications of Electronic Devices & Circuits
- Engineering Drawing for Technicians
- Computer Aided Drafting in Engineering
- Electrical Technology
- Electronic Measurement and Testing
- Electronic Fault-finding
- Business Operations in Engineering
- Engineering Design
- Properties and Applications of Engineering Materials
- Further Mechanical Principles and Applications
- Engineering Secondary and Finishing Techniques
- Further Mathematics for Engineering Technicians
- Computer Aided Manufacturing
- Six Sigma Quality
What do I need?
You will need five GCSE’s grades A*- C including grade C at Mathematics or Engineering Level 2 pass.
How is the course taught?
You will be taught in workshops, laboratories, classroom lectures, talks from guest speakers and by guided self-study. The interactive nature of delivery of this course is an exceptional way to put your new found theoretical knowledge into practice with practical based assessments and experiments.
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed on your completed assignments and class work, and practical based tasks.
What does it lead to?
If you want to get a job straight away you could work in:
* a construction company
* a fabricating company
* a mechanical workshop
Alternatively, you could go to university to study an engineering degree of your choice.
If you decide to go to university or college you could take a degree or a BTEC Higher National in subjects such as:
* Mechanical Engineering
* Civil Engineering
* Electrical Engineering
A BTEC Extended Diploma demonstrates to an employer that you can work at a high level to specific deadlines that are a sought after skill in the work place. You will be able to plan and prepare work for complex assignments and problem solve to a satisfactory outcome is achieved.
|Location||Start Date - End Date - Study Mode|
|Tottenham Centre||1 Sep 2020 - 2 Jul 2021 - Daytime|
- Last Updated: 06 December 2019
Apply for Courses Here
What are the levels?
Try our Careerometer on Job Opportunities and Rates of Pay
Try the Careerometer below to find out if the chances of finding work in your preferred profession are good or not and to find out what you can expect to earn.