Course Code: NR1MENG6 / 20DA11Z
Information on course fees
If you are aged 16 - 18:
If you are over 18, fees may apply:
Introduction to the course
This course is for people who have passed Entry 3 FS English or at the equivalent level but are not yet ready for Level 1. It is designed to prepare learners for all modes of level 1 Functional Skills. Applicants must complete an initial assessment before joining the course.
What do I need?
A Entry 3 English qualification is desirable but not essential.
How is the course taught?
The course runs over two days, 5 hours per week for a year. Students have a teacher and are guided to develop reading, writing, speaking and listening skills. Students are expected to be able to work independently, in groups and via technology though a variety of tasks and assignments.
How will I be assessed?
This course is internally assessed, verified to recognised standards and quality assured. Students must complete a portfolio of work to evidence competence and skills in all 3 modes
What does it lead to?
Students who complete this course should be ready to progress to Level 1.
|Location||Start Date - End Date - Study Mode|
|Enfield Centre||31 Aug 2020 - 2 Jul 2021 - Daytime|
- Last Updated: 07 April 2020
Apply for Courses Here
- English Award Entry 1
- English Award Entry 2 Writing Skills
- English Award Entry 3 Writing Skills
- English Bridging course Entry level
- English Entry Level 1
- English Entry Level 1 Award Reading Skills
- English Entry Level 2
- English Entry Level 2 Speaking and Listening
- English Entry Level 3
- English Entry Level 3 Speaking and Listening
- English Reading Skills Award Entry Level 1
- English Reading Skills Award Entry Level 2
- English Skills - Speaking and Listening Award Entry Level 1
- Numeracy Entry Level 2
- Numeracy Entry Level 3
What are the levels?
Try our Careerometer on Job Opportunities and Rates of Pay
Try the Careerometer below to find out if the chances of finding work in your preferred profession are good or not and to find out what you can expect to earn.