Hairdressing & Beauty Therapy Courses & Apprenticeships
At CONEL College, we have one of the widest ranges of hairdressing courses and beauty therapy courses in London. You can learn everything from styling and colouring to beauty treatments, body massage and theatrical make-up. You’ll also gain practical experience with paying customers at our salons, run in partnership with Redken, part of L’Oreal, and John Frieda.
And with fully-equipped, industry standard studios in both Tottenham and Enfield in north-east London to practise your skills, there is no better place to get ahead in the hair and beauty industry.
If you complete one of our hairdressing or beauty therapy courses, you’ll also get to enter competitions to showcase the skills you learn on our Hairdressing and Beauty Courses, often judged by industry experts such as Patrick Cameron. You’ll also get the chance to attend product demonstrations, skills training workshops and seminars with companies such as Avalon, Demalogica, Eve Taylor, Wella and Mizani.
Our hairdressing and beauty therapy courses and apprenticeships
The School of Hair and Beauty offers progression from Level 1 to Level 3.
We offer courses and apprenticeships in:
Theatrical Media Make-up
- Afrocan Caribbean hair styling
- Cutting women's hair
- Swedish massage
- Hot stones massage
- Aromatherapy massage
Top facts about our hairdressing and beauty therapy courses
Students get to learn and work in high-specification, industry-standard salons at Tottenham and Enfield
Tottenham salon is run as a fully commercial business to help students develop their business skills
Students get to take part in competitions judged by industry professionals
Our hairdressing and beauty courses include trips to the Professional Beauty Expo to meet practitioners and employers
How much do hairdressers and beauty therapists earn?
Beauty Therapist: Hourly Pay £8.95, Weekly Pay £340, Annual Pay £17,680
Hairdresser and Barber: Hourly Pay £8.16, Weekly Pay £310, Annual Pay £16,120
Clinic/Salon Manager: Hourly Pay £11.00, Weekly Pay £440, Annual Pay £22,880
Make-up artist: Hourly Pay £8.95, Weekly Pay £340, Annual Pay £17,680
Nail Technician: Hourly Pay £8.95, Weekly Pay £340, Annual Pay £17,680
Not sure if a Hairdressing or Beauty Therapy course is for you? Find out more about what to expect here.
- CONEL Level 3 Hairdressing Students Amaze at Avant-Garde Themed End of Year Show
- Hair and beauty students raise over £800 for Enfield Food Bank
- College Hair & Beauty team host Charity Day for The UCH Cancer Fund in memory of Paul Head
- CONEL’s Dailiena takes top prize at Chris and Sons annual stylists’ competition
- Barbering Certificate level 2
- Barbering Technical Certificate Level 2
- Beauty Retail Technical Certificate Level 2
- Beauty Therapy City & Guilds Vocational Qualification Level 2
- Beauty Therapy Technical Certificate Level 2
- Certificate in Beauty Therapy Services Level 2
- Certificate in Women's Hairdressing (cutting) Level 2
- Cutting and Styling Services Technical Certificate Level 2
- Hair Colouring Services Technical Certificate Level 2
- Hairdressing Level 2 Diploma
- Nail Services Vocational Qualification Level 2
- Nail Technology Certificate level 2
What are the levels?
Try our Careers Calculator on Job Opportunities and Rates of Pay
Try the Careers Calculator below to find out if the chances of finding work in your preferred profession are good or not and to find out what you can expect to earn.