Course Code: DP2MCOT5 / 18DA11Z
Information on course fees
If you are aged 16 - 18:
If you are over 18, fees may apply:
Introduction to the course
On this course you will study the following modules:
- Introduction to principles and practices of complementary therapies
- Introduction to clinic services and business awareness
- Knowledge of anatomy and physiology for complementary therapies
- Provide basic massage therapy techniques
- Provide basic aromatherapy using pre-blended oils
- Provide basic reflexology techniques
- Introduction to healthy eating and well-being
What do I need?
This qualification will suit you if you have an interest in Complementary Therapies. You will need to attend and interview and initial assessment for your English and maths skills to be accepted onto the course.
How is the course taught?
You will practise your skills in a professional salon environment. You will learn practical skills and look at case studies.
You will learn, develop and practice the skills required for progression onto a professional Level 3 complementary therapies qualification or employment and/or career progression in the complementary therapies sector.
You will study for one academic year over 3 days per week. You may also be required to study English and maths.
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed throughout the course. Your assessment will be based on your project work, assignments, task sheets, on-line tests and practical observations.
What does it lead to?
When you have completed this course you may enter employment or progress to Complementary Therapies Level 3 or Beauty Therapy at either Level 2 or Level 3 depending on your achievements on the course and other qualifications and experience.
What jobs could this lead to?
This qualification is for anyone who wants to practice as a therapist in the complementary therapies sector and provides a background understanding of the sector and the practical skills and knowledge required.
|Location||Start Date - End Date - Study Mode|
|Enfield Centre||3 Sep 2018 - 5 Jul 2019 - Daytime|
- Last Updated: 17 October 2018
Apply for Courses Here
- Barbering Certificate level 2
- Barbering Technical Certificate Level 2
- Beauty Retail Technical Certificate Level 2
- Beauty Therapy City & Guilds Vocational Qualification Level 2
- Beauty Therapy Technical Certificate Level 2
- Complementary Therapies Diploma Level 2
- Hair Colouring Services Technical Certificate Level 2
- Hair Cutting and Styling Services Technical Certificate Level 2
- Nail Services Vocational Qualification Level 2
- Nail Technology Certificate level 2
- Women's Hairdressing (cutting) Certificate Level 2
What are the levels?
Try our Careers Calculator on Job Opportunities and Rates of Pay
Try the Careers Calculator below to find out if the chances of finding work in your preferred profession are good or not and to find out what you can expect to earn.