Course Code: DP2MHMM1 / 20DA11A
Information on course fees
If you are aged 16 - 18:
If you are over 18, fees may apply:
Introduction to the course
This qualification is aimed at you if you are new to Beauty Therapy /Make-up or have some knowledge and basic skills in the industry. You may want to increase or improve your skills to take on more responsibility or take up your first job. The qualification covers a wide range of skills and knowledge relating to preparing to work or develop a career in media, fashion, hair and photographic make-up. You will be required to attend an industry placement/work experience.
What do I need?
No prior qualifications are needed; however, a good standard of English language is essential. Young learners (aged 16-18) will be required to also attend English and maths sessions if not already achieved.
How is the course taught?
You will attend College three days a week where college teachers, employers, and industry experts will contribute to the knowledge and delivery of training. Employers and industry experts will provide demonstrations and talks on the industry and specific skills in current demand and may also provide work placements for learners which is a requirement of the course.
This practically based training is ideal preparation for further on-the-job training or specialist further study.
The units covered in this qualification will give you a wider range of progression or employment opportunities and include:
- Working within the beauty industry
- Health and safety
- Client care and consultation
- Apply skin tanning techniques
- Body art design
- Apply make-up
- The art of coloring hair
- The art of dressing hair
- Make and style a hair addition
- Provide eyelash and brow treatments
- Create an image based on a theme
- The art of photographic make up
How will I be assessed?
There are practical assessments, assignments and theory exams. Once a period of instruction is complete assessments are on-going through negotiation with your tutor.
What does it lead to?
This qualification could lead to a job as a make-up artist, working in one of the following establishments:
- Hair salon
- Cruise ship
- Hotel salon
- Theatre or television
- Level 3 Diploma in Hair and Media Make-up
- Level 3 Diploma in Woman’s hairdressing
- Level 3 Diploma in theatrical, special effects, hair and media make-up
- Level 3 Certificate in Hairdressing
|Location||Start Date - End Date - Study Mode|
|Tottenham Centre||1 Sep 2020 - 2 Jul 2021 - Daytime|
- Last Updated: 15 December 2019
Apply for Courses Here
- Barbering - Level 2 Certificate
- Barbering - Level 2 Diploma
- Beauty Therapy City & Guilds Vocational Qualification Level 2
- Beauty Therapy Services - Level 2 Certificate
- Hair and Media Make-up - Level 2 Diploma
- Nail Technology - Level 2 Certificate
- Nail Technology - Level 2 Diploma
- Women's Hairdressing - Level 2 Diploma
- Women's Hairdressing (Cutting) - Level 2 Certificate
What are the levels?
Try our Careerometer on Job Opportunities and Rates of Pay
Try the Careerometer below to find out if the chances of finding work in your preferred profession are good or not and to find out what you can expect to earn.