Course Code: DV1MBTY1 / 19DA11Z
Information on course fees
If you are aged 16 - 18:
If you are over 18, fees may apply:
Introduction to the course
If you want a to work in the beauty industry, this qualification will give you an introduction to the practical experience you will need.
This course consists of units that help you to understand the basic requirements and health and safety of the beauty industry. You will be able to assist on a salon reception, prepare and maintain the work area and assist with facial treatments and manicures. Functional skills in English and maths are also part of this course as well as one on one’s with a personal tutor.
What do I need?
You will need to come to the College to attend an interview, pass an initial assessment, which is a test to check your level of English and maths, have a good reference, an 87% attendance record and a pass at Entry 3.
How is the course taught?
This course has practical sessions delivered in Commercial Beauty salons with theory being delivered using state of the art interactive whiteboards and ICT provision to help with assignments. One to one tutorial support is provided by industry qualified lecturers with up to date knowledge of new and emerging trends.
How will I be assessed?
Assessment is carried out by practical observation, oral questioning, assignments and written papers and online exams.
What does it lead to?
VTCT NVQ Beauty Therapy Level 2 course or other Holistic courses.
Employers will have qualified junior employees and the possibility of staff going on to becoming full Level 2 Beauty Therapist.
|Location||Start Date - End Date - Study Mode|
|Enfield Centre||2 Sep 2019 - 3 Jul 2020 - Daytime|
- Last Updated: 23 April 2019
Apply for Courses Here
- Barbering Certificate level 2
- Barbering Technical Certificate Level 2
- Beauty Retail Technical Certificate Level 2
- Beauty Therapy City & Guilds Vocational Qualification Level 2
- Beauty Therapy Technical Certificate Level 2
- Complementary Therapies Diploma Level 2
- Hair Colouring Services Technical Certificate Level 2
- Hair Cutting and Styling Services Technical Certificate Level 2
- Nail Services Vocational Qualification Level 2
- Nail Technology Certificate level 2
What are the levels?
Try our Careerometer on Job Opportunities and Rates of Pay
Try the Careerometer below to find out if the chances of finding work in your preferred profession are good or not and to find out what you can expect to earn.