Health and Social Care
- 96.6% of students passed
- 93% of students are satisfied
Working in health and social care can be an extremely rewarding profession.
Our courses and apprenticeships give students real experience in the health industry whether in a hospital or caring for those in need, including the elderly and vulnerable, at a care home or in the community.
On our Health and Social care courses based in London you'll learn the skills to succeed in industry, including areas not covered by other colleges. Additionally, you'll also gain a thorough understanding of equality, diversity, inclusion, healthcare legislation and health and safety. These health and social care courses also provide opportunities for practical experience with employers such as North Middlesex University Hospital.
Our Courses and Apprenticeships
The School of Health and Social Care offers progression routes from Entry Level to Level 3 courses in Health and Social Care. All of our Health and Social Care courses are taught with a variety of approaches in mind, designed to make your learning experience the best it can be.
We offer courses and apprenticeships in:
- Health and Social Care
- Access to Higher Education Diploma in Nursing (Day)
- Access to Higher Education Diploma in Nursing (evening)
- Access to Higher Education Diploma in Midwifery
- Access to Higher Education Diploma in Social Work
Access to Higher Education courses are aimed at people who want to go to university and either do not have enough A Levels to do so or have been out of full time education for some time. Each university has a minimum number of UCAS points required to study one of their degrees. You need to be aged 19 or over to study for an Access to Higher Education course.
If you are aged 19 – 23 and your Access to Higher Education is your first Level 3 course you will not need to pay course fees.
You do not have to repay your Access to Higher Education Learning Loan when you successfully complete your (subject related) university degree.
Top Facts for Health and Social Care courses
- Excellent links with employers and community organisations
- Work experience for all students leading to fantastic job opportunities
- Specialisms in many areas not matched anywhere else
- Close working with Middlesex University to deliver degrees in counselling
- Training partnerships with North Middlesex University Hospital and Whittington Health
- Growing number of apprentices and students starting work in healthcare sector
What you could earn
Healthcare Assistant: Hourly Pay £10.51, Weekly Pay £410, Annual Pay £21,320
Dental Nurse: NHS: Hourly Pay £10.00, Weekly Pay £380, Annual Pay £19,760
Care Assistant: Hourly Pay £8.52, Weekly Pay £360, Annual Pay £18,720
Midwife: NHS: Hourly Pay £19.21, Weekly Pay £730, Annual Pay £37,960
Occupational Therapist: Hourly Pay £16.15, Weekly Pay £630, Annual Pay £32,760
Nurse: Hourly Pay £17.18, Weekly Pay £670, Annual Pay £34,840
Speech and Language Therapist: Hourly Pay £16.94, Weekly Pay £610, Annual Pay £31,720
Careers Adviser: Hourly Pay £16.06, Weekly Pay £530, Annual Pay £27,560
- CONEL agrees deal with Whittington Health to train up to 85 apprentices
- College showcases the best in Health, Social Care and Early Years education to local school children
- French Social Care Students Experience London’s Top College CONEL
What are the levels?
Try our Careers Calculator on Job Opportunities and Rates of Pay
Try the Careers Calculator below to find out if the chances of finding work in your preferred profession are good or not and to find out what you can expect to earn.