Introduction to the course
This course in Health and Social Care has been designed to enable learners to access Higher Education and/or support their progression into the workplace
What do I need?
You must be at least 16 yrs old.
English GCSE (grade C or 4 minimum) or Functional Skills L2
Maths GCSE (grade C or 4 preferable) or Functional Skills L2
How is the course taught?
Units are taught by experienced tutors in a supportive and encouraging environment. The Health & Social Care team includes tutors from a range of professional backgrounds, enabling individuals to learn about a range of work and professional career options.
How will I be assessed?
Assignment units are graded A*- D, and each learner is required to submit an assessed portfolio of evidence and satisfactory reports from work placements.
What does it lead to?
This qualification enables learners to either progress to higher education, or obtain work within the local health and social care sector. Typical progression routes are:
- Care Support Workers in Adult Residential Settings
- Healthcare Assistants in Community, Primary Care and Acute Health Environments
- Care Support Workers in Domiciliary Services, Supported Living or Day Services
- Community-Based Support Workers.
- Nursing, therapy, social work and technical degree qualification etc.
2 Sep 2019 - 3 Sep 2020 - Daytime
2 Sep 2019 - 4 Jul 2020 - Daytime
Last Updated: 23 August 2019