If you are looking for a career in IT or computing, our academy can help develop you into a skilled, driven and highly employable infrastructure technician. Run in conjunction with Risual Education, graduates of the academy have gone on to achieve incredible results, with many landing places at top universities.
As part of the IT and Computing Academy, you will study the Infrastructure Technician Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship, giving you the skills and knowledge to develop. Infrastructure Technicians provide support to internal and external customers, helping them to be productive when using technology to do their own jobs, by using tools to problem solve and trouble shoot non routine problems. You will help set people up on systems, providing support when they need it and rectifying issues to maintain the organisation’s productivity.
You will develop the following technical skills and understanding:
- Working knowledge of a range of cabling and connectivity, the various types of antennas and wireless systems and IT test equipment
- Maintenance processes, and applying them in working practices
- The basic elements and architecture of computer systems
- How, where and when to apply the relevant numerical skills e.g Binary
- The relevant networking skills necessary to maintain a secure network
- The similarities, differences and benefits of the current Operating Systems available
- How to operate remotely and how to deploy and securely integrate mobile devices
- Cloud and Cloud Services
- Disaster recovery and how a disaster recovery plan works and their role within it
- Similarities and differences between a range of coding and logic
- Complying with business processes to ensure business productivity and continuity
- Business IT skills relevant to the organisation
What do I Need?
Individual employers will set the selection criteria, but this is likely to include five GCSEs (including English, Maths and a Science or Technology subject) or a relevant Level 2 qualification and experience.
Register Your Interest