Public Service Courses & Apprenticeships
Public services are provided by a government to the people it serves and include the Armed Forces, emergency services, healthcare, education, social services, national security and prison services.
You’ll learn about human behaviour, gain knowledge on social issues and develop the skills needed in many of these roles, including leadership, teamwork and communication.
Previously, our students have had the opportunity to visit the Metropolitan Police, Old Bailey, London Ambulance Service, the London Fire Brigade at Bruce Grove station, the Imperial War Museum and RAF Hendon.
Our Courses and Apprenticeships
The School of Public Service offers progression routes from Level 1 to Level 4. All of our courses are taught with a variety of approaches in mind, designed to make your learning experience the best it can be.
We offer courses in:
- Public services
- Uniformed services
What you could earn
Police Officer: Hourly Pay £18.60, Weekly Pay £800, Annual Pay £41,600
Police Community Support Officer: Hourly Pay £12.14,Weekly Pay £510, Annual Pay £26,520
Probation Services Officer: Hourly Pay £13.66, Weekly Pay £560, Annual Pay £29,120
Ambulance Paramedic: Hourly Pay £18.37, Weekly Pay £790, Annual Pay £41,080
Army Soldier: Hourly Pay £9.68, Weekly Pay £350, Annual Pay £18,125
Top Facts for Public Services
- Educational visits have included trips to the Metropolitan Police, London Ambulance Service, London Fire Brigade, the Old Bailey, RAF Halton and the Imperial War Museum.
- Many students return to the College as guest speaker to tell students about their careers.
- In 2014/15 the proportion of lessons graded ‘good’ or better was 94%.
What you could earn
Army Officer: Non-graduate cadets: Hourly Pay £11.63, Weekly Pay £500, Annual Pay £26,000
Merchant Navy Deck Officer: £11.63, Weekly Pay £500, Annual Pay £26,000
- MP Nick Boles inspires CONEL students to vote for EU
- College’s Public Services learners get taste of Royal Marine cuisine
- Top police officer visits College’s Public Services students
- College Public Services students on board HMS Argyll
Level 5 or higher
What are the levels?
Try our Careers Calculator on Job Opportunities and Rates of Pay
Try the Careers Calculator below to find out if the chances of finding work in your preferred profession are good or not and to find out what you can expect to earn.