Sport and Fitness Courses and Apprenticeships in London
Our sport and fitness apprenticeships and courses will get you on track to achieve your goals.
With excellent facilities and a winning team of tutors, you’ll have the opportunity to develop your practical sports skills and develop your knowledge of personal training, fitness coaching, nutrition and sports massage.
Students aged 16 to 18 also have the chance to be part of our Football Academy and Basketball Academy, run in partnerships with Leyton Orient FC and the London School of Basketball. The college also has a Martial Arts Academy, run by the English Karate Federation.
CONEL runs a Sponsored Athlete Programme to help provide funding and physical support for promising and talented sports stars of the future. The programme is open to athletes aged 16 to 18 on any full-time sport course.
Our sport and fitness courses and apprenticeships
At CONEL, we offer progression routes from Level 1 to Level 3.
We offer courses in:
- Skills for Sport and Active Leisure
- Instructing Gym-Based Exercise
- Sport and Exercise Science
- Personal Training
- Sport Development and Coaching
Benefits of completing our sport apprenticeships and courses at our London college
- CONEL offers facilities and professional coaches at Football, Basketball and Martial Arts Academies
- We have fully-equipped gyms available at Tottenham and Enfield
- CONEL is home to a Football Academy that has produced exemplary results
- We offer a Sports Scholarship Scheme to help with funding to support aspiring athletes
What you could earn
If you’re considering a career in the sport and leisure sector, you’re probably curious to know how much you’d earn in your dream job. Here’s a guide to how much you could be earning in the following roles:
- Health and Fitness Instructors: Hourly Pay £10.59, Weekly Pay £360, Annual Pay £18,720
- Sports Coach: Hourly Pay £13.53, Weekly Pay £460, Annual Pay £23,920
- Leisure Centre Managers and Assistant: Hourly Pay £15.00, Weekly Pay £600, Annual Pay £31,200
- Sports Development Officer: Hourly Pay £11.25, Weekly Pay £405, Annual Pay £21,060
Apply for Courses Here
What are the levels?
Try our Careerometer on Job Opportunities and Rates of Pay
Try the Careerometer below to find out if the chances of finding work in your preferred profession are good or not and to find out what you can expect to earn.