Sport & Fitness Courses & Apprenticeships
- 94.6% of our students are satisfied, the highest for any FE college in the country
(FE Choices Learner Satisfaction, 2016/17)
- 96.4% of our sports students achieve their qualifications
Our sport and fitness courses will get you on track to achieve your goals.
With excellent facilities and winning team of tutors, you’ll have the opportunity to develop your practical sports skills and develop your knowledge of personal training, fitness coaching, nutrition and sports massage.
Students aged 16 to 18 also have the chance to be part of our Football Academy and Basketball Academy, run in partnerships with Leyton Orient FC and the London School of Basketball. The College also runs a Martial Arts Academy run by the English Karate Federation.
The College runs a Sponsored Athlete Programme to help provide funding and physical support for promising and talented sports stars of the future. The programme is open to athletes aged 16-18 on any full time course.
Our Courses and Apprenticeships
The School of Sport, Fitness and Active Leisure offers progression routes from Level 1 to Level 3. All of our courses are taught with a variety of approaches in mind, designed to make your learning experience the best it can be.
We offer courses in:
- Skills for sport and active leisure
- Instructing gym-based exercise
- Sport and exercise science
- Personal training
- Sport development and coaching
Top Facts for Sport, Fitness and Active Leisure
- Top facilities and professional coaches at Football, Basketball and Martial Arts Academies.
- Fully-equipped gyms available at Tottenham and Enfield.
- Outstanding Football Academy which has produced exemplary results.
- Sports Scholarship Scheme to help with funding to support aspiring athletes.
What you could earn
Health and Fitness Instructors: Hourly Pay £10.59, Weekly Pay £360, Annual Pay £18,720
Sports Coach: Hourly Pay £13.53, Weekly Pay £460, Annual Pay £23,920
Leisure Centre Managers and Assistant: Hourly Pay £15.00, Weekly Pay £600, Annual Pay £31,200
Sports Development Officer: Hourly Pay £11.25, Weekly Pay £405, Annual Pay £21,060
- Martial Arts Academy student Chloe wins silver medal in British International Open Karate Championships two years running
- CONEL Student Malachi Oram Fundraises to Compete at Deaf Athletics in Germany
- CONEL launches world class Martial Arts Academy
- CONEL Staff Compete Against Students at Sports Relief Charity Event
What are the levels?
Try our Careers Calculator on Job Opportunities and Rates of Pay
Try the Careers Calculator below to find out if the chances of finding work in your preferred profession are good or not and to find out what you can expect to earn.