Course Code: CR2MFNN1 / 20EBS1A
Information on course fees
If you are aged 16 - 18:
If you are over 18, fees may apply:
Introduction to the course
If you are already working as a fitness instructor but need to gain qualifications to reach the next level in your career or if you want to become a fitness instructor then this course could be ideal for you. The course will give you the recognised qualification you will need. You will cover theory, anatomy, physiology, and practical work in areas like exercising to music, resistance training and circuit training. The course will develop your skills, knowledge and competence to plan, teach and evaluate exercise sessions to all ages, unsupervised.
Knowledge and understanding relating to the qualification:
- Anatomy and physiology covering the heart and circulatory system, the respiratory system, structure and function of the skeleton, musculoskeletal system, postural and core stability, the nervous and energy systems and their relation to exercise
- How to maintain health, safety and welfare in a variety of fitness environments, including the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults
- How to communicate with clients effectively and motivate clients to adhere to an exercise programme
- Employment law, industry specific legislation and procedures that apply to their jobs
- The subsectors that make up the active leisure and learning sector
- An understanding of the principles of customer service
- An understanding of the benefits of a balanced diet and its contribution to a healthy lifestyle
- How to plan and prepare group exercise sessions
- How to programme a variety of safe and effective exercise sessions for a range of clients
- How to instruct a variety of exercise sessions
What do I need?
Entry requirements are 4 GCSEs at D- G or a Level 1 CYQ qualification in a related discipline, to come to an interview, pass an assessment and have a good reference. If you are coming from school or another College, you will need an 87% attendance record.
How is the course taught?
You will be taught using a variety of teaching methods such as Lectures, group work, practical, coaching, discussions and individual support.This practical course is taught in the College’s well equipped gym and fitness centre.
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed in a variety of ways, including:
- Multiple choice examination
- Portfolio of evidence
- Practical demonstration/assignment
- Written examination
What does it lead to?
You may progress onto a number of courses, including:
- Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training (learners must hold a Level 2 Certificate in Gym-based Exercise)
- Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral for Specified Controlled Certificate in Personal Training
- Level 3 Award in Programming and Supervising Exercise with Disabled Clients
- Level 3 Diploma in Teaching Yoga
- Level 3 Diploma in Teaching Pilates
|Location||Start Date - End Date - Study Mode|
|Tottenham Centre||5 Jan 2021 - 3 Jun 2021 - Evening|
- Last Updated: 21 February 2020
Apply for Courses Here
What are the levels?
Try our Careerometer on Job Opportunities and Rates of Pay
Try the Careerometer below to find out if the chances of finding work in your preferred profession are good or not and to find out what you can expect to earn.