Teacher Education Courses and Apprenticeships in London
We understand the importance of teaching and know how rewarding a profession it can be.
Depending on your experience, we have a range of teacher training courses designed for new or experienced teachers and lecturers, which help you to develop the skills to lead and inspire in education.
Teaching offers fantastic career prospects, and our education and training courses are a great place to start or further develop your skills in the profession.
Our teacher training courses
At CONEL, we offer progression routes from Level 2 to Level 5 and some postgraduate qualifications.
Our teacher training courses include:
- Supporting Adults and Young People in Essential Skills
- Supporting Teaching and Learning
- Assessing Vocational Achievements
- English Literacy and Numeracy
- Education and Training
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education
- Specialist Diplomas in English, Literacy, ESOL and Teaching Disabled Learners
- Access to Higher Education: Teaching
How much do teachers earn?
If you’re considering a career in teaching, you’ll probably want to know how well the profession pays. Once you’ve completed one of our Teacher Education courses or apprenticeships, you could be on the path to a career in professions such as:
Teaching Assistant: Hourly Pay £9.43, Weekly Pay £330, Annual Pay £17,160
Learning Mentor/Assistants: Hourly Pay £9,44, Weekly Pay £340, Annual Pay £17,680
Library Assistant: Hourly Pay £10.86, Weekly Pay £380, Annual Pay £19,760
Primary School Teacher: Hourly Pay £20.01, Weekly Pay £690, Annual Pay £35,880
Secondary School Teacher: Hourly Pay £22.73, Weekly Pay £750, Annual Pay £39,000
FE Lecturer: Hourly Pay £19.46, Weekly Pay £720, Annual Pay £37,440
- Lessons from Zuzana for teaching success
- College becomes one of only a few offering additional teaching diplomas
Apply for Courses Here
Level 5 or higher
- Cambridge Certificate in English Language Teaching (CELTA) Level 5
- Diploma in Education and Training
- Diploma in Education and Training/Professional Graduate Certificate in Education and Training - validated by Canterbury Christ Church University
- Level 5 Specialist Diploma in Teaching Disabled Learners
- PGCE Further Education - validated by Canterbury Christ Church University
- Specialist Diploma in Teaching English: Literacy and ESOL Level 5
What are the levels?
Try our Careers Calculator on Job Opportunities and Rates of Pay
Try the Careers Calculator below to find out if the chances of finding work in your preferred profession are good or not and to find out what you can expect to earn.