Course Code: DP5MPLSF / 18DA11Z
Information on course fees
Full cost courseInformation on how to apply
Diploma in Education and Training
Introduction to the course
The qualification covers the knowledge and skills required by teachers/trainers in the further education and skills sector. These include:
- Teaching, learning and assessment in education and training
- Developing teaching learning and assessment in education and training
- Theories, principles and models of education and training
- Wider professional practice and development in education and training
What do I need?
The Diploma in Education and Training (DET) is for anyone working as or planning to become a full teacher in further, adult or continuing education. You should be qualified/experienced in the subject you want to teaching to at least Level 3 skills in the subject you intend to teach. You will need access to 100 hours of teaching practice in a recognised lifelong learning location. You will have a high level of skills and be working at or above Level 3 in literacy, numeracy and ICT
How is the course taught?
You will be taught in a variety of ways using group work, reflective discussion, lectures, practical sessions and presentations
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed through course work, assignments and teaching practice.
What does it lead to?
You could progress into employment or other HE programmes.
|Location||Start Date - End Date|
|Enfield Centre||20 Sep 2018 - 5 Jul 2019|
- Last Updated: 20 March 2018
Level 5 or higher
- Cambridge Certificate in English Language Teaching (CELTA) Level 5
- Diploma in Education and Training
- Diploma in Education and Training Professional Graudate Certificate in Education and Training
- Level 5 Specialist Diploma in Teaching Disabled Learners
- Postgraduate Certification in Education: Post Compulsory Education and Training
- Specialist Diploma in Teaching English: Literacy and ESOL Level 5
What are the levels?
Try our Careers Calculator on Job Opportunities and Rates of Pay
Try the Careers Calculator below to find out if the chances of finding work in your preferred profession are good or not and to find out what you can expect to earn.