Course Code: CR3MAVA1 / 18DB11A
Information on course fees
If you are aged 16 - 18:
If you are over 18, fees may apply:
If you are aged 24+ click here for information on financial help available to you. This course is eligible for a loan.Information on how to apply
Introduction to the course
The Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement is for practitioners who assess knowledge and/or skills in vocationally related subject areas using the following assessment methods: assessments in simulated environments/skills tests/oral and written questions/assignments/projects/case studies/RPL assessment methods based upon sound assessment principles.
What do I need?
You need to be working in the post -16 sector assessing knowledge and/or skills in vocationally related subject areas using the following assessment methods: assessments in simulated environments/skills tests/oral and written questions/assignments/projects/case studies/RPL.
How is the course taught?
You will cover all the essential principles and practices of training, assessment and quality assurance, including assessing competence and achievement. Learning is closely linked with your current work environment.
Course structure is as follows :
- Three half day workshops covering key aspects of the programme
- Observations of work based assessments
- Professional discussions
- Regular 1-1 progress meetings with the course trainer
How will I be assessed?
Assessment methods include observation, witness testimony, interview and discussion, oral and written questions, assignments, projects and case studies.
What does it lead to?
This qualification can help you to progress your career as a Qualified Assessor and Trainer.
Learners may also choose to take one of the following related qualifications:
-Level 3 Award in Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector
-Level 4 Certificate in Teaching in the Lifelong Learning Sector
-Level 5 Diploma in Teaching in the Lifelong Learning Sector
|Location||Start Date - End Date - Study Mode|
|Tottenham Centre||23 Jan 2019 - 3 Jul 2019 - Daytime|
- Last Updated: 20 October 2018
Apply for Courses Here
- Cambridge Certificate in English Language Teaching (CELTA) Level 5
- Diploma in Education and Training
- Diploma in Education and Training/Professional Graduate Certificate in Education and Training - validated by Canterbury Christ Church University
- Level 5 Specialist Diploma in Teaching Disabled Learners
- Specialist Diploma in Teaching English: Literacy and ESOL Level 5
What are the levels?
Try our Careers Calculator on Job Opportunities and Rates of Pay
Try the Careers Calculator below to find out if the chances of finding work in your preferred profession are good or not and to find out what you can expect to earn.