Course Code: AW3MLLTF / 19DA11A
Information on course fees
Full cost courseInformation on how to apply
Introduction to the course
The course is designed to develop your own literacy and language skills, as well as language awareness and teaching skills in supporting learners with literacy and language needs in the classroom. The course will cover units in:
· Analysing English language for literacy and language teaching
· Reading skills for literacy and language teaching
· Speaking and listening skills for literacy and language teaching
What do I need?
You should be working at or above the equivalent of Level 2: GCSE Grade C English or equivalent (e.g. National Literacy test Literacy and Numeracy Level 2). Selection is by personal interview.
This course is suitable for vocational tutors wishing to improve their own language skills and to embed functional abilities in their teaching. The course is also suitable for people wishing to start a career in language support or skills for life who need to undertake some skills development to meet the entry requirements for studying a subject-specific teaching qualification in literacy and ESOL.
How is the course taught?
A wide range of teaching methods are used to meet your learning requirements, including:
· Group activities
· Sessions in assignment writing
How will I be assessed?
You will be continuously assessed throughout the course. Assessment is subject to external verification.
What does it lead to?
This course will enhance your CPD and employment opportunities. You may progress onto a Level 5 Diploma in Teaching in the Lifelong Learning Sector (CTLLS) or a Level 5 Additional Diploma in Teaching English: Literacy or ESOL.
|Location||Start Date - End Date - Study Mode|
|Tottenham Centre||29 Oct 2019 - 16 Jun 2020 - Daytime|
|Enfield Centre||29 Oct 2019 - 16 Jun 2020 - Daytime|
- Last Updated: 19 June 2019
Apply for Courses Here
- Cambridge Certificate in English Language Teaching (CELTA) Level 5
- Diploma in Education and Training
- Diploma in Education and Training/Professional Graduate Certificate in Education and Training - validated by Canterbury Christ Church University
- Level 5 Specialist Diploma in Teaching Disabled Learners
- Specialist Diploma in Teaching English: Literacy and ESOL Level 5
What are the levels?
Try our Careerometer on Job Opportunities and Rates of Pay
Try the Careerometer below to find out if the chances of finding work in your preferred profession are good or not and to find out what you can expect to earn.