Course Code: AW3MMNTF / 19DA11Z
Information on course fees
Full cost courseInformation on how to apply
Introduction to the course
The course is designed to develop your own mathematics skills, as well as teaching skills in supporting learners with mathematics skills development in the classroom.
What do I need?
You should be working at or above the equivalent of Level 2: GCSE Grade C Maths or equivalent. Selection is by personal interview.
This course is suitable for vocational tutors who wish to improve their own numeracy skills, as well as their ability to embed functional skills in their teaching. It is also suitable for people wishing to start a career in numeracy support or skills for life who need to undertake some skills development to meet the entry requirement for joining a subject-specific teaching qualification in numeracy.
How is the course taught?
A wide range of teaching methods are used to meet your learning requirements, including:
· Group activities
· Sessions in assignment writing
How will I be assessed?
You will be continuously assessed throughout the course. Assessment is subject to external verification.
What does it lead to?
This course will enhance your CPD and employment opportunities. You may progress onto a Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training or Level 5 Diploma in Teaching Mathematics: Numeracy.
|Location||Start Date - End Date - Study Mode|
|Enfield Centre||28 Oct 2019 - 18 Jun 2020 - Daytime|
|Enfield Centre||26 Oct 2020 - 17 Jun 2021 - Daytime|
- Last Updated: 18 November 2019
Apply for Courses Here
- Education and Training - Level 5 Diploma
- Education and Training - Level 5 Diploma/Professional Graduate Certificate in Education and Training (PGCE) - Validated by Canterbury Christ Church University
- English Language Teaching (CELTA) - Level 5 Cambridge Certificate
- Teaching Disabled Learners - Level 5 Specialist Diploma
- Teaching English: Literacy and ESOL - Level 5 Specialist Diploma
What are the levels?
Try our Careerometer on Job Opportunities and Rates of Pay
Try the Careerometer below to find out if the chances of finding work in your preferred profession are good or not and to find out what you can expect to earn.