Course Code: AW3MEDTF / 19DAS1Z
Information on course fees
Full cost courseInformation on how to apply
Introduction to the course
If you are new to the lifelong learning sector and do not have any prior teaching experience or qualifications, the Award in Education and Training Level 3 – formerly known as PTLLS – will take your career forward.
The course covers:
· Roles, responsibilities and relationships in lifelong learning
· Understanding and using inclusive learning and teaching approaches to plan and deliver inclusive teaching sessions
· Principles of assessment in the sector
It will also provide training in how to give constructive feedback to students.
The Award in Education and Training Level 3 is offered at both our London centres – in Tottenham and Enfield. Please see below for starting dates.
What do I need?
The Level 3 Award in Education and Training qualification is an initial teacher training course, so you are not expected to have prior teaching experience. You are required to have evidence of Level 3 vocational skills for the area in which you want to train/teach if you progress into teaching in the further education sector.
You should also have good written and spoken English and be IT literate (Level 2). If you want to progress into teaching vocational subjects, you will also need to have at least three years’ industry experience.
How is the course taught?
A wide range of teaching methods are used to meet your learning requirements, including lectures, group activities, workshops, tutorials and sessions in assignment writing.
How will I be assessed?
The qualification will be assessed by a combination of assignments and observation of teaching or training. The teaching will be a simulation of teaching (micro-teaching) to your peers on the course.
What does it lead to?
Progress routes include the Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training (CET), the Level 3 Award in Assessment and Quality Assurance and Level 5 Cambridge CELTA (Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults).
|Location||Start Date - End Date - Study Mode|
|Enfield Centre||24 Sep 2019 - 2 Dec 2019 - Daytime|
|Enfield Centre||25 Sep 2019 - 6 Dec 2019 - Evening|
|Tottenham Centre||29 Oct 2019 - 28 Jan 2020 - Daytime|
|Tottenham Centre||25 Feb 2020 - 2 Jun 2020 - Daytime|
|Enfield Centre||22 Sep 2020 - 30 Nov 2020 - Daytime|
|Enfield Centre||23 Sep 2020 - 4 Dec 2020 - Evening|
|Tottenham Centre||27 Oct 2020 - 26 Jan 2021 - Daytime|
|Tottenham Centre||23 Feb 2021 - 1 Jun 2021 - Daytime|
- Last Updated: 22 November 2019
Apply for Courses Here
- Education and Training - Level 5 Diploma
- Education and Training - Level 5 Diploma/Professional Graduate Certificate in Education and Training (PGCE) - Validated by Canterbury Christ Church University
- English Language Teaching (CELTA) - Level 5 Cambridge Certificate
- Teaching Disabled Learners - Level 5 Specialist Diploma
- Teaching English: Literacy and ESOL - Level 5 Specialist Diploma
What are the levels?
Try our Careerometer on Job Opportunities and Rates of Pay
Try the Careerometer below to find out if the chances of finding work in your preferred profession are good or not and to find out what you can expect to earn.