Course Code: CR1MIHT1 / 19DA11Z
Information on course fees
If you are aged 16 - 18:
If you are over 18, fees may apply:
Introduction to the course
Our BTEC Level 1 Introductory Certificate course is for those passionate about pursuing a career in hospitality and tourism in the future, but with little or no knowledge in the industry.
The course will give you an introductory experience in hospitality and tourism To achieve your qualification, you will need to complete 5 units within 1 year.
You will be assessed through course work and a range of different activities
What do I need?
You need a basic standard of English and Maths, an interest in hospitality and tourism, and to be reliable and punctual.
How is the course taught?
This is a part-time course, you will attend 1 day a week and have a mixture of taught sessions and workshops. You will complete a range of units, be organised, take assessments that will demonstrate your skills and keep a portfolio of your assignments.
All learners taking these qualifications will study core units that focus on:
- Being organised
- Developing a Personal Progression Plan
- Exploring local visitor attractions
- Exploring travel and tourism in the UK
- Contribute to running a Hospitality and tourism event
- Delivering customer service in hospitality and tourism
- Promoting hospitality and tourism events
- Preparing and serving food and drink
How will I be assessed?
You will be given opportunities to:
- Carry out practical tasks
- Present information you have gathered
- Keep working logbooks, records and reflective journals
- Practise English and mathematics skills
- Take part in oral or written presentations
- Take part in role play, interviews and other activities
What does it lead to?
The course offers you the opportunity to develop your personal and professional skills to make you ready for work, an apprenticeship or further study at Level 2.
|Location||Start Date - End Date - Study Mode|
|Enfield Centre||2 Sep 2019 - 3 Jul 2020 - Daytime|
- Last Updated: 16 August 2019
Apply for Courses Here
What are the levels?
Try our Careerometer on Job Opportunities and Rates of Pay
Try the Careerometer below to find out if the chances of finding work in your preferred profession are good or not and to find out what you can expect to earn.