Complete your course now and pay when you can with an Advanced Learner Loan
- For study at Level 3 or above
- Pays your course fees
- No credit or income check
- No repayments until you’re earning more than £25,725
Level 3 Learner Loans are an Investment In Your Future
Level 3 advanced learning loans are for people aged 19 and over who want to complete a Level 3, 4, 5 or 6 course.
Take a leaf out of Julie Rookley’s book and finance your future with an Advanced Learning Loan! Julie moved from her Access to Nursing course to a Midwifery degree at the University of Northampton and wholeheartedly endorses her loan as ‘worth every penny’.
''Many of the traditional skilled jobs in clerical and manual work are disappearing and employers are increasingly looking for highly skilled, graduate level employees. Our Higher National Certificates, Access to Higher Education and Level 3 and 4 courses are ideal to give you the skills to go to and succeed at university and in employment.'' Kurt Hintz, Principal
To be eligible you need to be:
- aged 19 or over on the first day of your course
- starting your course on or after 1 August
- living in the UK on the first day of your course and have lived in the UK, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man for three years immediately before this
- studying an eligible course at an approved College or training organisation in England. We are an approved College
- enrolling on an eligible course at level 3 and above which includes: Access to HE Diplomas, as well as other Diplomas and Certificates.
Please click here for further eligibility guidance.
Just like the tuition fee loans in higher education, students who are aged over 19 can apply for a loan to pay for their further education fees.
Repayments start the April after you complete or withdraw from your course.
You pay back your loan (plus interest) when you finish your course and earn more than £25,725 a year. Your repayments will stop if your income drops below £25,725 a year.
Your annual repayment amount will be 9% of any income you earn over £25,725.
Your monthly repayments would be:
- £9 a month - if you earned £27,000 a year
- £32 a month - if you earned £30,000 a year
Did you Know?
- You will not have to make any repayments until your income is more than £25,725 a year.
- Students who progress from an Access to Higher Education Diploma course to complete a Higher Education Degree can have their outstanding 19+ Advanced Learning Loan for the Access course written off!
College Head of Learner Recruitment, Theodore Ellis says: "Advanced Learning Loans are a win win situation. Your Level 3 qualification gives you a much greater earnings potential or opportunity to go to university and you do not have to start repaying until you are in employment and earning more than £25,725."
How and When do I apply?
You can apply for a loan from May 2019 for courses starting between 1 August 2019 and 31 July 2020. You will be able to apply online or download an application form.
Once you are offered a place at the college on an eligible course, you will be sent an offer letter (also called Learning and Funding Information Letter) which has all the information you will need to make a loan application. You can download an application or complete it online here and submit it to Student Finance England.
- Last Updated: 22 July 2019