Fees for courses depend on Government-set criteria at the College of Haringey, Enfield and North East London. This means that while some learners will be able to study for free, others may need to pay. The Government offers learning loans to help those who need to pay course fees. If you need further advice, please contact us.

Entry Level, Level 1 and Level 2 Courses

The College of Haringey, Enfield and North East London - London's First FREE College - is offering Entry Level, Level 1 and Level 2 courses to everyone for FREE, regardless of their age or income.

Level 3 Courses

Are you aged 19 or older and planning on studying a Level 3 course?
All Level 3 learners aged 19 years old and over at the start of their course will need to pay for their course fees whether they are receiving benefits or not. You may be eligible to apply for a Advanced Learning Loan to pay for this.

Access to Higher Education Courses
If you take out a 19+ Advanced Learning Loan to pay for your Access Course and then successfully progress and complete a relevant degree course, the loan taken out for your Access Course will be written off.

Higher Education Student Loans
Help is available when it comes to funding your Higher Education studies. Here's a sumary of what's on offer, with links to step-by-step application guides.

If you have any questions, please email us at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

New students living in England should submit their finance applications by 31 May and for continuing students by 30 June.

Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is included in course fees?
A: Currently, there are generally three elements to course fees which must be paid:
• Tuition fees
• Equipment/materials fees
• Examination fees
However, check what your 24+ Loan will cover.

Q: What does fee remission mean?
A: Fee remission is a process that assesses your eligibility to be released from paying fees or parts of your fees. In each case you need to provide evidence that you are eligible under certain criteria, such as, receiving certain benefits and relevant immigration status.

Q: Who is eligible for fee remission?
A: Here are the categories for fee remission. You just have to satisfy one of these below:
• If you are under 19 on 31 August, tuition is free; exam and material costs are free; you pay for any equipment and books that you keep.
• If you are 19 or over on 31 August and you are unemployed, currently seeking work and on benefits (this can include a partner where the claim is joint), your Level 2 tuition is likely to be free. For some courses, you may pay an exam fee and materials fees.
• For 19-23 year old learners studying their first full Level 2 or Level 3 qualifications and who are unemployed, currently seeking work and on benefits, tuition is likely to be free. For some courses, you may pay an exam fee and materials fees.
• For learners taking basic courses in English and maths, tuition and exam fees are FREE.
• Full cost courses: There are some courses without any government funding, where learners pay the full cost of the course and there are no concessions.
• Higher education courses: Different rules apply to higher Education courses (Level 4 and above). You are advised to seek advice from your tutor.

Q: What can I do if I am not eligible for fee remission?
A: To help you budget more easily, your course fees can be paid over eight instalments.

Q: Is there any other financial support available?
A: The College has a Learner Support Fund. You will be directed to see advisors as appropriate during enrolment. The criteria include household/personal income and immigration status. There are different financial arrangements for higher education courses funded by HEFCE. See the Student Loans Company SLC website for details.

Q: What documents do I need to show to bring to enrolment?
A: You need to show proof (dated within three months) to show that you are receiving the relevant benefits e.g. a letter from the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP). You will need your passport to show your nationality, and other immigration documents if you were born outside EU e.g. a letter from the UK Border Agency.

Q: My course is two years long; do I need to apply for fee remission each year?
A: You do not need to apply for fee remission, but you do need to enrol onto your second year.

Q: What happens if I withdraw from my course, do I still have to pay my course fees?
A: You are responsible at all times for the payment of your fees. If you choose to withdraw from your course the balance of fees has to be paid.

Q: What is a full cost course and do I have to pay fees?
A: There are some courses without any government funding, where learners pay the full cost of the course and there are no concessions.

Q: Do I have to pay all fees charged at the beginning of my course?
A: The College offers an instalment plan to help you budget with the cost of paying your fees.

Q: What happens if my course is cancelled?
A: Occasionally, due to circumstances outside of the College’s control, it may be necessary to close a course.  In the unlikely event of this happening, the College notifies students as soon as is reasonably possible.  The College aims to try to offer a suitable alternative course at the College or a relevant partner institution if the applicant meets the selection criteria for that course.  The College will also support students by helping them to identify another course at another institution for which they may be able to apply.  Students may also have the option of deferring their application to the following year or to the next course, if appropriate.  If students do not wish to accept a replacement course offered by the College, they are entitled to withdraw their application by notifying the College in writing and any appropriate refunds for deposits paid will be made.

* If you are unemployed and on job seeking benefits you may be entitled to free tuition at the College. Examples of job seeking benefits are listed below:

Income Support

Employment and Support Allowance

Job Seekers Allowance

Universal Credits

Income Support

* If you are in receipt of Universal Credit or Income Support you will need to earn either less than 16 times the appropriate age related rate of the national minimum wage/national living wage a week, or £338 a month (individual claims) or £541 a month (household claims).  You wish to be employed - or progress into more sustainable employment if you are earning less than amounts stated above - and your course is directly relevant to your employment prospects/local labour market needs.

Enquiry Form

Please tell us your name

/ /

Please enter your date of birth

Please tell us your email address

Please confirm your email address

Please tell us your mobile number

Please tell us your enquiry

Invalid Input

Invalid Input

Invalid Input