College Study v School
Got your GCSE results and wondering what to do next?
CONEL students can collect their results from 10am – 4pm today 20 August 2015 in Advice and Guidance at Tottenham Centre. Good Luck everyone!
Do you want to go to University?
An alternative route to higher education is to study for a BTEC Extended Level 3 Vocational Qualification at the College.
- Vocational qualifications are more practical with less theory - so they are ideal for work and university.
- You will complete more coursework and fewer exams.
- You will receive monitoring and feedback throughout your course, keeping you on track and up to standard.
- Typically, our students achieve well and progress to thier first choice universities.
- Universities usually look for 240 - 320 UCAS points. To find out more, visit http://search.ucas.com/
If you need more information, come into the College or contact us on 020 8442 3055:
- London's Top FE College for the last two years running, Student funding Agency 13/14 and 12/13
- Fantastic Ofsted report - 'Outstanding' and 'Good', Ofsted April 2014
- Most satisfied College learners in London for the last two years running, FE Choices 13/14 and 12/13
- Over 60% of our learners are in work six months after graduating.
- Hundreds of our learners progress to university each year.
- 95% of our learners achieve their qualifications.
- We have spent £20million at our Centres in Tottenham and Enfield to create excellent College facilities.
Apprenticeships: Become an apprentice and you will get excellent work experience and qualifications which lead to wonderful careers. With a Higher Apprenticeship you could also go to University.
Get into University
Higher Education: Choose our Higher Nationals and Foundation Degrees to progress to top universities.
We offer apprenticeships, courses and training for work and university in:
So what are you waiting for? Enrol today!
For dates and times, visit: http://www.conel.ac.uk/for-learners/1482-enrolment-2.html
Got your AS or A Level results and wondering what to do next? Are you thinking of work, apprenticeships, courses or university?
If you didn’t get the results you desired and your plans have changed, come and talk to us about Level 3 Extended Diplomas and Apprenticeships. With an apprenticeship you are paid a wage while you complete your qualification.
HNCs and HNDs for Higher Education Study
These are ideal routes to work and university.
HNCs are equivalent to the first year of degree study and an HND is equivalent to the second year. The tuition fees are much lower than those charged by a university and are ideal for students who prefer to study at College.
Once you’ve completed your HNC, you could move into employment or progress to your HND. You could then move to university in your final year to convert your HND to a full honours degree.
Here at the College we offer a range of HNC’s and HND’s including:
Hear what some of our HNC and HND students have to say about thier time at the college and thier chosen course:
If you're interested in taking up a HNC or a HND with the College, call us today on: 020 8442 3055 or visit us on one of our enrolment days http://www.conel.ac.uk/for-learners/1482-enrolment-2.html
Staying at school 2017 – 18? Think about College!
Staying at school 2017 – 18? Think about College! Courses for skills, jobs and university
Are you staying on at school next year? Why don’t you look at what the College has to offer you? We teach vocational courses, which are great for gaining the skills you need for work or university.
Depending on your qualifications you could start at Level 3, which is broadly equivalent to A Levels. If you want to go to university, study on one of our Level 3 Extended courses. Or, you could start at Level 1 and work your way up.
You will have some exams on a vocational course, but most of your work is completed by assignments, which means you receive feedback and have the chance to resubmit your work.
Also, you get help with your English, maths and ICT to make sure your skills are fully up to date and what employers are looking for.
A lot of people achieve much more by studying at College rather than school. Join them!
Browse our courses and Apply Now http://www.conel.ac.uk/courses.html
Student Profile: Atish Shah
Business BTEC Extended Diploma Level 3
"I joined the College on a Level 1 course and I worked my way up to a Business Level 3 Extended Diploma. I graduated with a triple distinction.
At College, I joined the Career Academy and worked as an intern for Management Consultancy experts Accenture. I was also President of the Students’ Union and a Student Governor. I am now at Brunel University studying for a Business Management Degree and hope to work full time as a Management Consultant when I graduate."
Student Profile: Kaylee Pummell
Hairdressing Level 2
"I knew I wanted to work in the Hairdressing and Beauty industry so College was the best option for me. I prefer the College environment to school where I feel I am treated more like an adult. Last year I completed my Beauty Therapy Level 2 Certificate and this year I completed Hairdressing Level 2. I’ve enrolled on Hairdressing Level 3 for next year. I’m already working in a Salon in Tottenham and my employer is very happy with the skills I’ve learned at College.″
Ten Good Reasons to choose the College
- Fantastic Ofsted Report
- Top Performing College
- Highest Success Rates in London 2012-13 and 2013-14
- 95% of our Learners achieve their qualifications
- We have spent £3million at Enfield to build a news Sports Centre and Library
- We have also spent £13million at our Enfield Centre to build a fully equipped Construction Centre, a new Learner Hub for student welfare, fully modernised classrooms
- Excellent work experience opportunities
- Great courses for university and work
- Apprenticeships available if you prefer to earn and learn at the same time
- A welcoming, friendly lively and safe College where you will enjoy learning and meeting new people