Student Support


If you are from a country outside the European Union (EU) or European Economic Area (EEA), you must obtain a student visa. The rules are complex and you should read the information on the UK Visas and Immigration website before applying.

To become a student at the College you will need to go through the following process:

Step 1: Apply for a course

• The course must be run by an approved education provider – the College of Haringey, Enfield and North East London is an approved provider, licensed under the UK Visas and Immigration Tier 4 sponsorship scheme. Your Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies (CAS) letter will contain the College Groups licence number.

• The College is offering sponsorship under Tier 4 General or Adult Student Visas – you must be aged 16 or over on 31 August 2018.

• The course must be at Level 3 or above on the National Qualifications Framework (NQF). Level 3 is equivalent to A Levels; for an explanation of levels of study see the further information section below.

• You must be studying for a minimum of 15 hours per week organised daytime study (daytime study is 8am - 6pm, Monday to Friday).

• You must show evidence of being able to pay for the course fee and sufficient income to live on while in the UK. Our international course fee for 2017 -18 is £5,116.00 for Level 3 courses. The amount of income required by UK Visas and Immigration if you are living in inner London is £1265 per month for each month of study.

• The courses that we offer are described on our website. Please note that we do not offer A Levels or English Language courses for international students.

• Your qualifications must meet the entry criteria for the course – these are included in the course description. You will need to provide copies of relevant qualifications with translations in English if necessary and a letter of comparability from the National Academic Recognition Centre (NARIC) at This will show the equivalence of your qualifications related to the National Qualification Framework in the UK.

• You will need to demonstrate that your level of written English meets the requirements in the course entry criteria. The minimum level required by UK Visas and Immigration is CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) Level B1.

• If all of the above are in place but you still need some impartial Information, Advice and Guidance on the right course for you, we will help you to make sure you are applying for the course best suited to your needs.

Step 2: We offer you a place on a course

We check the documentation you have sent us to make sure that you are meeting the UK Visas and Immigration requirements and the entry criteria for the course. If you have met these conditions we send you a Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies (CAS) letter.

Step 3: Get your Student Visa

To obtain a visa for entry clearance, ie permission to enter the UK as a student, you will need 40 points.

• Your Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies (CAS) letter from the College counts as 30 points.

• Evidence of having sufficient income to pay the course fees and for maintenance counts as 10 points.

Check on the UK Visas and Immigration website where to apply for your student visa. If you are applying for a student visa from outside the UK, you should check with your local visa issuing post (also known as entry clearance post) to see how to apply in your country of residence.

Your student visa will have a start (valid from) and end (valid to) date. You will be able to plan when to enter the UK. The length of your visa must extend beyond the end date of your course.

Please note that the College does not provide accommodation for international students.

Step 4: Inform the College when you have your visa

When you have obtained your student visa, you must inform the College admissions office and we will write to you with details about your enrolment date and what you will need to bring with you when you enrol.

Step 5: Enrol at the College and pay fees

You must come in to College to enrol on the specified date and pay the total course fees at the start of your course.

The College is required to inform UK Visas and Immigration  of any international learners who have been given entry clearance, following the issue of a Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies, and who do not enrol.

You are expected to attend your course regularly; the College will monitor your attendance and report to UK Visas and Immigration on your attendance.

Further information:

UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA)
UK Visas and Immigration
British Council

CAReers counselBalancing home life with studying can be challenging and our welfare services are here to help you.

We can offer you free, confidential and one-to-one support. You can speak to us about anything which is worrying you, such as stress, benefits, illness, sexuality or drug and alcohol abuse.

We can offer you mental health support and practical information and advice.

Welfare advice

Our Student Welfare Advisors can you offer confidential advice and information on benefits, funding support, housing, immigration and anything to do with your rights that you may need practical help with. If we cannot help you, we will do everything we can to find someone who can.

Tottenham Centre
020 8442 3026
The Welfare Service is situated opposite the library in C1-01

Enfield Centre
020 8442 3669

The Welfare Service is situated on the ground floor of The Hub

email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Mental Health Support

Our mental health worker can offer you practical and emotional support, such as:

• A safe place to talk about your education and training issues
• Help with filling in forms
• Speaking with others on your behalf inside and outside the college
• Information on mental health support services

Tottenham Centre
Mental Health Support Worker bookings on 020 8442 3026
Location: The Welfare Office is situated in C101

Enfield Centre
Mental Health Support Worker bookings on 020 8442 3669
Location: The welfare service is situated on the ground floor of The Hub

Email bookings - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.



At the College, your time with us is not just about succeeding in your studies. It's also about enjoying new challenges and meeting new friends.

We call all of our extra-curricular activities our 'enrichment programme'. This programme will help you get the most out of your personal, sporting and social life at the College.

We offer a range of sports activities, that may include: football, swimming, badminton, basketball, netball, volleyball, weight training, martial arts, zumba, boxing, table tennis, aerobics and women only multi-gym sessions.

Tottenham Sports Activity

 Capture copy


Enfield Sports Activity

Capture 1

And if that wasn't enough, there's also lots of activities included as part of your course like:

  • Trips to museums, trade shows and exhibitions, universities and visits to businesses
  • Tutorial workshops from Sexual health to employability workshops
  • Focus groups relating to environmental and social issues
  • Fundraising events
  • Guest Speakers from various industries to discuss career options
  • A range of events to celebrate national and international festivals and events such as Diversity Month and Green Week

So get involved and be part of college life! 


Anthony Robinson
Quality and Learner Experience Manager

020 8442 3805 / 020 8442 3434 Ext 2675
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. 



We offer an outstanding range of support for you to use. And don't just take our word for it. Oftsed, the government body for inspecting schools and colleges, told us so!

We want you to get the most out of your course, so we're committed to providing you with all of the support and learning tools for your success.

Learner Support Centres

Our Learner Support Centres are the one stop centres for all of your learning. Our centre advisors will advise you all of the college's facilities and can help you apply for things like funding support to TFL discount travel cards, and will be able to give you information and advice on all of the other college support facilities.

Personal Tutors

During your time with us, you will have a Personal Tutor to look after you and your progress at College. Your tutor will help you settle in and organise extra support if you need it. You will meet regularly to talk about your progress, learning, attendance, how you work with others, and your targets for the future.

Additional Learning Support (ALS)

We know that all of our students have different abilities and talents for different things. If you sometimes struggle in your learning due to literacy, numeracy or English-language skills, or you have a physical disability, we have a group of specialist staff who can give you the support you need on an individual basis or in small groups so that you can quickly develop the kills to be independant.  

If you need this help you will take a Diagnostic Assessment that identifies your strengths and the areas for improvement. Your specialist teacher will then discuss with you the tailor-made support you need and agree individual learning goals for you.

To find out more, watch the video:


Safeguarding means keeping you safe. At the College, we are committed to your safety, happiness and wellbeing. We are committed to making sure that your time at the College is free of harm, mistreatment or abuse.

We have a dedicated safeguarding team who lead on all safeguarding matters. We also have a dedicated Safeguarding Hotline - 020 8442 3958 which all learners, staff and visitors can call with any safeguarding concerns. Every member of staff is trained and inducted in Safeguarding procedures.

Our safeguarding team

Ann atkin small John Jan
Safeguarding Officer Safeguarding Officer Safeguarding Officer
Ann Atkin Jonathan Silman Jan Dunster
Head of School for Hairdressing and Beauty Therapy and Supported Learning  Head of School for Sport, Public Services and Key Stage 4 Head of Learner Support
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Tel: 020 8442 3051 (TC)
020 8442 3678 (EC) 

Mob: 07957 356487


Tel: 020 8442 3423 (TC)
020 8442 2548 (EC)

Mob: 07341 776476

Tel: 020 8442 3877 (TC)
020 8442 2568 (EC)

Mob: 07958 935206

Hilary Moore - CONEL Director 
Lead Safeguarding Officer
Hilary Moore
Director of Employment Skills and Support

Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Tel: 020 8442 3487

Mob: 07973 862036


All complaints, allegations or suspicions of abuse or Safeguarding concerns are dealt with by
following the College's 'Safeguarding and Promoting the Welfare of Children and Vulnerable Adults Policy'.

For more information please download:

pdfChild Protection and Safeguarding Policy (November 2017)


Once all of your hard work has paid off and you have the qualification that you want, what next? Planning your next steps can be daunting but we're here to help you prepare for your future.

We'll give you all the support you need to progress from your course to the career of your dreams.

We have dedicated advisors on hand to give you impartial advice and information about your future career, study plans and life goals. This includes help with choosing and applying for a place at university, studying further at the College or with another provider, finding the right job and preparing for interviews.

Your personal tutor will work together with our Careers Service to make sure you get the help and advice you need. We want to make sure that we have explored all of the exciting possibilities you have, and that your destination is the right one.

We also offer help with your job search and interview preparation. When you go into employment, we will still be able to give you advice and information on keeping your skills up-to-date. The College works closely with a range of local employers, and you could even find yourself coming back to us to upgrade your knowledge and skills.

We offer:

• careers information in the careers library and using careers IT software
• help with your UCAS 'Apply' System
• impartial Information, Advice and Guidance (IAG)
• one-to-one guidance interviews
• information about voluntary work experience
• job vacancy information
• CV writing and job search support
• higher education interview practice
• support with writing personal statements for higher education applications

To make an appointment to see a careers advisor please enquire at reception in the Learning Resource Centre (LRC).

Enquiry Form

Please tell us your name

/ /

Please enter your date of birth

Please tell us your email address

Please confirm your email address

Please tell us your mobile number

Please tell us your enquiry

Invalid Input

Invalid Input

Invalid Input