We offer an exciting range of foundation degrees and Higher Education (HE) courses at CONEL that are designed to take you to the next level. We offer impartial Information, Advice and Guidance (IAG) every step of the way, to help you get one step closer to your life goal.
Many of our courses are validated by highly respected universities and our progression partnerships in education and industry can help you to move on to work-related employment and graduate or postgraduate study. This could be through one of our Access to Higher Education, work-related Level 4 or 5 courses, or one of our foundation degrees.
You will also be able to study for our higher education courses part-time, so you can work and manage your other commitments. Fees with us are typically less than HE courses from universities too so you can achieve a university-level education that's local and affordable. Open the door to your future career today and have a look at our HE courses now.
Access to Higher Education Courses
Access courses are aimed at people who want to go to university and either do not have A Levels or have been out of full-time education for some time. Each university has a mimimum number of UCAS points required to study for one of their degrees. You need to be aged 19 or over to study for an Access to Higher Education Course.
Your Access to Higher Education Learning Loan will be written off if you successfully complete your (subject related) university degree, which means you won't have to repay it!
If you are aged 19-23 and your Access to Higher Education course is your first Level 3 qualification, your study will be FREE!
Access to Higher Education Course
Higher National Certificates and Diplomas
We have recently introduced HNCs (Higher National Certificates). HNCs are work-related higher education qualifications which will give you the work-related skills and experience for your chosen industry. Choosing to study for an HNC at the College means you'll be paying almost half the cost of studying at university. An HNC is equivalent to the first year of degree study and on completion you can progress to a Higher National Diploma (HND), the second year of a degree or go straight into employment. We currently run an HND in Creative Media Production: Games and Animation.
Higher National Certificates and Diplomas
Creative and Media
- Creative Media Production: Games and Animation Higher National Certificate (HNC) Level 4
- HND Creative Media Production: Animation and Games Design
ICT and Computing
- Music Production Higher National Certificate (HNC) Level 4
- Music Production Higher National Diploma (HND) Level 5
- Public Services Higher National Certificate (HNC) Level 4
- Public Services Higher National Diploma Level 5
Sport, Fitness and Active Leisure
Detailed Course Descriptions for Higher National Certificate and Diploma Programmes
- BTEC HNC in Creative Media Production
- BTEC HNC in Computing
- BTEC HNC in Music Production
- BTEC HNC/HND in Public Services
Detailed Course Descriptions for the BA (Hons) Degree and Foundation Degree in Counselling
- Award in Education and Training Level 3 (Formerly PTLLS)
- Cambridge Certificate in English Language Teaching (CELTA) Level 5
- Certificate in Education and Training (CET Formerly CTLLS) Level 4 validated by Canterbury Christ Church University
- Certificate in Education and Training Level 4 (Formerly CTLLS) validated by City and Guilds
- Diploma in Education and Training
- Diploma in Education and Training/Professional Graduate Certificate in Education and Training - validated by Canterbury Christ Church University
- Level 5 Specialist Diploma in Teaching Disabled Learners
- Specialist Diploma in Teaching English: Literacy and ESOL Level 5
Detailed Course Descriptions for the Diploma in Education and Training and the PGCE
- Diploma in Education and Training Professional Graduate Certificate in Education and Training
- Postgraduate Certification in Education: Post Compulsory Education and Training
As a prospective student who is considering applying for a HE course at the College, there are some important documents that may affect your application and recruitment to one of our courses. if you have any questions, please contact a member of the Admissions Team on 020 8442 3055.
- Fees policy
- Higher Education Admissions Policy
- Learner Complaints Policy November 2017
- How to Make a Complaint - Employer and Learner Guidance
- Access and Participation Statement 2018
- Student Protection Plan 2018
- Last Updated: 22 May 2018