It's not too late to come to College - we have a limited number of places left on courses for this year!
We have a limited number of places on a range of courses for 2017-2018 to help you gain the skills you need for work or university.
This is your last chance to enrol for this year!
Drop in from 3pm-5pm Tuesday 17, Wednesday 18 and Thursday 19 October and ask at reception - an advisor will come and meet you to discuss how we can help you achieve your goals!
Here's a guide to all you need to know about what you need when you come to enrol:
1. We are here to help
2. Come prepared! Browse our courses using the link below:
3. Your ID - bring your documents!
You will need to bring your proof of identity and/or immigration status in the UK.
If you have been in the UK for less than 3 years or are on a visa then you need to show that you can study in the UK so bring your visa, passport and any home office documents.
If you are an asylum seeker, you need to show a document with the date you applied for asylum and if you are receiving support, or a valid ARC card if you are an adult and have been here over 6 months. If you are 16-18 years old and in social services please bring a letter from social services.
• Your exam results and certificates
If your course requires a certain qualification to enrol (like a Level 1 certificate), you will need to bring results slips or exam certificates when you come and enrol.
• A written reference
You will need to provide a reference. Ideally this will be from your tutor or employer.
4. What will happen at enrolment?
When you come to enrol with us, you will need to complete an application and/or an enrolment form.
• If you have previously applied and received an offer to study with us, you don't need to complete an assessment form. You will just need to complete an enrolment form but you must bring your documents (please see above). Once you have completed your form, you will be directed to the department where you will meet a tutor. They will talk to you about the course. If you have not been offered a place you will have a quick interview with the tutor.
For help preparing for your interview, please contact Course Information on 0208 442 3055.
We will also offer you impartial Information, Advice and Guidance when you come to our enrolment session.
• If you have not previously applied for a course or had an interview, you will need to complete an assessment and an enrolment form. If you meet the criteria for the course, you will be given an offer and will be enrolled on the day.
5. Course fees and concessions
If you are aged 16 to 18 and want to study a FE course, your course will be free.
If you are aged 19 and over, you may have to pay for your course. If you are studying a course that lasts for 1 year, you may be eligible to pay via installments. Any outstanding fees from a previous course must be paid before you can enrol on a new course.
If you are aged 19 and over and are claiming certain benefits you will be required to bring proof and you will be asked to confirm this on your enrolment form. You will have to agree to this statement "I confirm this information about my employment status is correct and understand that if I have declared false information action may be taken to reclaim the fees and associated costs from me".
If someone else is paying your fees please bring a letter dated and signed from your sponsor or employer.
You may be eligible for financial support to help with the costs of your learning or childcare. For more information click here.
- Last Updated: 16 October 2017