The Rugby Football Union (RFU) is a supporting partner to the College's Rugby Academy.
The Academy's official name is the CONEL Rugby Academy and is now taking applicants for the 2017/18 season. The next selection day to be selected for the 2017/18 season is;
Wednesday 5th July 2017 at 11.00am - Squad selection day and academy information and overview presentation
Please leave your details below to register for the squad selection day on the 5th of July and we will email you directly to confirm
What you get as a College Rugby Academy player:
• Free Rugby training kit
• Professional Rugby coaching of 4 hours per week (2 sessions of 2 hours) over the College year
• Wednesday afternoon match in the AOC College Rugby League
• Affiliation with a major Rugby Club
• Work experience opportunities within the sport
• Complimentary tickets for learners to selected high profile matches
• Opportunities to work with the club sports analyst in using Dartfish to analyse games
• On site medical and physiotherapy support for injury prevention and rehabilitation
• Free membership and use of the brand new College gym and fitness suite
• Free fitness, strength and conditioning, exercise and nutrition programmes designed and monitored for you
Elite Rugby Academy squad members will benefit from:
• Opportunity to become a College Sponsored Athlete - value of up to £2500 per year
Rugby Academy Selection Criteria
To be eligible to be considered for the Academy, you must;
• Be 16-18 years of age on the 31 August of the enrolling year
• Be enrolled on a full-time programme of study at the College Enfield Centre
Studying as part of the Rugby Academy
Learners who join the College's Rugby Academy will study at the College's Enfield Centre. Learners can select ANY full-time course at the College's Enfield Centre while taking part in the Rugby Academy scheme.
Darran Brown: Darran is a highly-experienced professional who has been coaching 1St XV squads in the Men’s and Women’s game since 2008, having started rugby at a young age and gaining representative honours at many levels, he has also been working for the RFU as a Coach Developer. Currently Darran is Head Coach at Old Albanians Saints (Level 3 –Women), having previously spent 3 years as Head Coach at Slough RFC (Level 8 - Men), prior to this he was Assistant 1st XV Coach at Maidenhead RFC (Level 5).
Our Great Facilities
• NEW £1.5million Sports Centre fully refurbished for September 2014
• Full sized sports hall with resurfaced multisport floor
• Industry standard cardio and resistance training gym
• Medical facilities
• High quality changing and disabled facilities
For more information or to register for the squad selection day, complete the Enquiry Form below or call the Course Information Line on 020 8442 3055.
- Last Updated: 04 November 2016