Charlton Athletic offer opportunities to go abroad and participate in the trip advertised below:
Charlton Athletic Football Club is College's Football Academy Partner
The Academy's official name is the Charlton Athletic Football Club Development Squad. Trial dates are as follows:
Football Academy trials for academic year of entry 2018/19
- Saturday 16 June 2018 (1pm-2:30pm)
- Friday 6 July 2018 (1pm-2:30pm)
- Monday 30 July 2018 (1pm-3pm)
Pre-Season starts: Wednesday 1 August 2018 (1pm-3pm)
To register for a trial, please complete the form below.
What you get as a College Football Academy player:
• Free football training kit, tracksuit and kit bag
• Professional football coaching of 6 hours per week (3 sessions of 2 hours) over the College year.
• Wednesday afternoon match in a College Football League
• Affiliation with a major Football Club
• Work experience opportunities at the stadium
• Complimentary tickets for learners to selected high profile matches
• Opportunities for sports learners to work with the club sports analyst in using Dartfish to analyse games
• On site medical support for injury prevention and rehabilitation
• Free membership and use of the brand new College gym and fitness suite
• Free fitness, strength and conditioning, exercise and nutrition programmes designed and monitored for you
Elite Football Academy squad members will benefit from:
• Opportunity to become a College Sponsored Athlete - value of up to £2500 per year
• Under 17 development squad friendly fixtures with the College's elite team - 4 games per year
Football Academy Selection Criteria
To be eligible to be considered for the Academy, you must;
• Be 16-18 years of age on the 31 August of the enrolling year
• Be enrolled on a full-time programme of study at the College Enfield Centre
Studying as part of the Football Academy
Learners who join the College's Football Academy will study at the College's Enfield Centre.
Learners can select ANY full-time course at the College's Enfield Centre while taking part in the Football Academy scheme.
Charlton Athletic - Recruitment Manager
Miguel de Souza Miguel is a highly-experienced professional who started his professional career at Charlton Athletic in 1999. Miguel also played in the Championship with Birmingham City before having successful spells at both Wycombe Wanderers and Peterborough United. Miguel left full time professional football in 2002 to complete a Sports Science Degree.
Charlton Athletic - Head Coach
About the coach - Josemar Santos UEFA B License
Passionate about the development of young footballers and creating elite sporting cultures.
Over 10 years’ experience working with players from the ages of 2-21
Teaching teams to play a progressive possession based philosophy preparing them for the demands of the modern game.
Charlton Athletic - Coach
Ernest TippetUEFA A licence Coach
Previous Clubs Wimbledon FC
Worked up to 1st team Coach from reserve team coach and youth team Manager
Manchester City Senior Scout, Bolton Wanders and Southampton FC
Leyton Orient FC U16s Head Coach
Charlton Athletic - Sports Therapist
Nader Farhead graduated in 2013 with a Masters Degree in Sports Therapy and has been working in the sports industry since, specialising in preventing, diagnosis and treating injuries. Nader draws on a large pool of knowledge to help all athletes under his care, some of the highlights of his career and experience include: 3 seasons at college level football, Colchester United FC Academy, England Colleges Women’s National team, Division 1 England Basketball League and National League Hockey.
Our Great Facilities
•3G 11-a-side football pitch
• NEW £1.5million Sports Centre fully refurbished for September 2014
• Full sized sports hall with resurfaced multisport floor
• Industry standard cardio and resistance training gym
• Medical facilities
• High quality changing and disabled facilities
For more information or to register for a trial, complete the Enquiry Form below or call the Course Information Line on 020 8442 3055.
- Last Updated: 20 June 2018