Charlton Athletic Football Club is College's Football Academy Partner
The Academy's official name is the Charlton Athletic Football Club Development Squad.
Charlton Athletic offer opportunities to go abroad and participate in the trip advertised below:
Men & Women's Football Academy trials for academic year of entry 2019:
Tuesday 19 February 2019 at 1-3pm
Saturday 09 March 2019 at 12-2pm (Open Day)
Saturday 11 May 2019 at 12-2pm (Open Day)
Tuesday 28 May 2019 at 1-3pm
Tuesday 8 July 2019 at 1-3pm
Free Football Sessions Starting Friday 5 October!
16-18 Boys and Girls
@ Enfield College Sports Centre EN3 5HA
What you get as a College Football Academy player:
• Free football training kit, tracksuit and kit bag
• Professional football coaching of 6 hours per week (3 sessions of 2 hours) over the College year.
• Wednesday afternoon match in a College Football League
• Affiliation with a major Football Club
• Work experience opportunities at the stadium
• Complimentary tickets for learners to selected high profile matches
• Opportunities for sports learners to work with the club sports analyst in using Dartfish to analyse games
• On site medical support for injury prevention and rehabilitation
• Free membership and use of the brand new College gym and fitness suite
• Free fitness, strength and conditioning, exercise and nutrition programmes designed and monitored for you
Elite Football Academy squad members will benefit from:
• Opportunity to become a College Sponsored Athlete - value of up to £2500 per year
• Under 17 development squad friendly fixtures with the College's elite team - 4 games per year
Football Academy Selection Criteria
To be eligible to be considered for the Academy, you must;
• Be 16-18 years of age on the 31 August of the enrolling year
• Be enrolled on a full-time programme of study at the College Enfield Centre
Studying as part of the Football Academy
Learners who join the College's Football Academy will study at the College's Enfield Centre.
Learners can select ANY full-time course at the College's Enfield Centre while taking part in the Football Academy scheme.
Charlton Athletic - Recruitment Manager
Miguel is a highly experienced coach and former footballer who started his professional playing career at Charlton Athletic in 1989. He also played for Birmingham City, Wycombe Wanderers and Peterborough United. Miguel left full time professional football in 2002 to complete a Sports Science Degree.
Charlton Athletic - Head Coach
About the coach - Josemar Santos UEFA B Licence
Passionate about the development of young footballers and creating elite sporting cultures, Josemar coaches teams to play a progressive possession-based philosophy to prepare them for the demands of the modern game.
Charlton Athletic - Coach
Ernest Tippett – Coach (UEFA A Licence)
Worked up to First Team Coach from Reserve Team Coach and Youth Team Manager at Wimbledon FC and was previously manager of Rushden and Diamonds FC and Head of Coaching and Youth Development at Leyton Orient FC.
Charlton Athletic - Sports Therapist
Nader Farhead graduated in 2013 with a Masters Degree in Sports Therapy and has expertise in preventing, diagnosis and treating injuries. He has several years' experience providing physio support at college level football and also at Colchester United FC Academy and the England Colleges Women’s National Team.
Our Great Facilities
•3G 11-a-side football pitch
• NEW £1.5million Sports Centre fully refurbished for September 2014
• Full sized sports hall with resurfaced multisport floor
• Industry standard cardio and resistance training gym
• Medical facilities
• High quality changing and disabled facilities
For more information or to register for a trial, complete the Enquiry Form below or call the Course Information Line on 020 8442 3055.
- Last Updated: 17 September 2018