Once all of your hard work has paid off and you have the qualification that you want, what next? Planning your next steps can be daunting but we're here to help you prepare for your future.
We'll give you all the support you need to progress from your course to the career of your dreams.
We have dedicated advisors on hand to give you impartial advice and information about your future career, study plans and life goals. This includes help with choosing and applying for a place at university, studying further at the College or with another provider, finding the right job and preparing for interviews.
Your personal tutor will work together with our Careers Service to make sure you get the help and advice you need. We want to make sure that we have explored all of the exciting possibilities you have, and that your destination is the right one.
We also offer help with your job search and interview preparation. When you go into employment, we will still be able to give you advice and information on keeping your skills up-to-date. The College works closely with a range of local employers, and you could even find yourself coming back to us to upgrade your knowledge and skills.
• careers information in the careers library and using careers IT software
• help with your UCAS 'Apply' System
• impartial Information, Advice and Guidance (IAG)
• one-to-one guidance interviews
• information about voluntary work experience
• job vacancy information
• CV writing and job search support
• higher education interview practice
• support with writing personal statements for higher education applications
To make an appointment to see a careers advisor please enquire at reception in the Learning Resource Centre (LRC).