We offer an exciting range of Higher Education courses at CONEL that are designed to take you to the next level. We offer impartial information, advice and guidance every step of the way to help you get one step closer to your life goals.
Many of our courses are validated by highly respected universities and our progression partnerships in education and industry can help you to move on to work-related employment and graduate or postgraduate study. This could be through one of our Access to Higher Education, work-related Level 4 or 5 courses, or one of our foundation degrees.
You will also be able to study for our higher education courses part-time, so you can work and manage your other commitments. Fees with us are typically less than HE courses from universities too so you can achieve a university-level education that's local and affordable. Open the door to your future career today and have a look at our HE courses now.
Access to Higher Education Courses
Access courses are aimed at people who want to go to university and either do not have A Levels or have been out of full-time education for some time. Each university has a mimimum number of UCAS points required to study for one of their degrees. You need to be aged 19 or over to study for an Access to Higher Education Course.
Your Access to Higher Education Learning Loan will be written off if you successfully complete your (subject related) university degree, which means you won't have to repay it!
If you are aged 19-23 and your Access to Higher Education course is your first Level 3 qualification, your study will be FREE!
Access to Higher Education Course
Higher National Certificates/Diplomas
We have recently introduced HNCs (Higher National Certificates). HNCs are work-related higher education qualifications which will give you the work-related skills and experience for your chosen industry.
Choosing to study for an HNC at the College means you'll be paying almost half the cost of studying at university. An HNC is equivalent to the first year of degree study and on completion you can progress to a Higher National Diploma (HND), the second year of a degree or go straight into employment. We currently run an HND in Creative Media Production: Games and Animation.
Higher National Certificates and Diplomas
Creative and Media
Higher National Certificates and Diplomas - Course Leaflet Downloads
Degrees and Foundation Degrees
In partnership with Middlesex University London, we run a Bachelor of Arts and a Foundation Degree in Counselling.
BA (Hons) Degree and Foundation Degree in Counselling - Course Leaflet Downloads
Teacher Education Courses
We offer a wide range of teacher education courses from Level 3 to Level 7, including courses validated by Canterbury Christ Church University.
- Award in Education and Training Level 3 (Formerly PTLLS)
- Award in English for Literacy and Language Teaching Level 3
- Award in Mathematics for Numeracy Teachers Level 3
- Cambridge Certificate in English Language Teaching (CELTA) Level 5
- Certificate in Education and Training (CET Formerly CTLLS) Level 4 validated by Canterbury Christ Church University
- Certificate in Education and Training Level 4 (Formerly CTLLS) validated by City and Guilds
- Diploma in Education and Training
- Diploma in Education and Training/Professional Graduate Certificate in Education and Training - validated by Canterbury Christ Church University
- Level 5 Specialist Diploma in Teaching Disabled Learners
- Specialist Diploma in Teaching English: Literacy and ESOL Level 5
Diploma in Education and Training and PGCE - Course Leaflet Downloads
- Diploma in Education and Training Professional Graduate Certificate in Education and Training
- Postgraduate Certification in Education: Post Compulsory Education and Training
If you are applying for tuition fees loans and maintenance loans through Student Finance England, you will need to use our legal name of WKCIC.
As a prospective student who is considering applying for a HE course at the College, there are some important documents that may affect your application and recruitment to one of our courses.
If you have any questions, please contact a member of the Admissions Team on 020 8442 3055.
- Tuition Fees policy 2018/19
- Higher Education Admissions Policy
- Learner Complaints Policy November 2017
- How to Make a Complaint - Employer and Learner Guidance
- Access and Participation Statement 2018
- Last Updated: 16 August 2018