Top Facts for Apprenticeships
- A range of employers in the public and private sector offering various opportunities
- Events held with employers to make National Apprenticeships Week
- 96% of apprentices find work after completing their apprenticeships
- Good links with employers due to the quality of training delivered
- 84% of employers would recommend the College as a training provider
If you want to start earning and get qualified, an apprenticeship can offer you the best of both worlds. Apprenticeships offer a fantastic way to earn while you learn. You'll get a job with a salary while studying for a qualification and receive practical, on-the-job work experience at the same time.
Apprenticeships are not only for young people trying to enter the working world but are also a great opportunity for established professionals to upskill themselves using the apprenticeship funding. This is an opportunity which is beneficial to both the learner and employer.
We work with a wide range of employers to create great opportunities for you to gain the skills and qualifications you need for your chosen career, in areas including accountancy, business and administration, childcare, electrical instillation, food production and cooking, hairdressing, IT applications specialist, leadership and management, maintenance operations, plumbing, teaching assistant and warehousing.
This booklet answers questions for employers about apprenticeships such as; what is an apprenticeship, what is the apprenticeship levy and what can CONEL do for me?
For more information about our apprenticeships call our Apprenticeship Training Team on 020 8442 3442 or visit www.conel.ac.uk/work.
Our apprenticeships range from Level 2 to Level 4 and are taught with a variety of approaches in mind, designed to make your learning experience the best it can be.
Click here for our vast list of Vacancies. Vacancies differ from frameworks as you can follow the same framework in a number of different work placements.
We offer Apprenticeships in:
- Activity Leadership Coaching
- Business Administration
- Carpentry and Joinery
- Clinical Care
- Customer Service
- Health and Social Care
- Hospitality Services
- IT Application
- Leadership and Management
- Professional Cookery
- Supporting Teaching and Learning
- Youth Work
- From accounting pre-apprentice to future professional accountant
- CONEL agrees deal with Whittington Health to train up to 85 apprentices
- ‘Career in construction built up my confidence’
- CONEL launches new partnership with Siemens to train engineering apprentices
Bolanle Lawal - Accountancy Apprentice
"The Apprenticeship has been very good in relating what I have been learning at the College to what I am doing at work every day. The tutors cover every aspect of the subject and have always been very helpful and supportive. I am now studying for my Level 4.”
Elwinus Leon - Construction Apprentice
“I was studying my A-Levels and had applied to university when I heard about Apprenticeships. After doing some research I found it a fantastic option because you can work, get paid and get work experience, all whilst getting an education. Work experience these days is so crucial when looking for a job.”
Georgia Hughes - Clinical Care Apprentice
“Halfway through my A-levels I decided to do an Apprenticeship. I felt that I learnt better doing something practical rather than from a book. I am doing my apprenticeship at North Middlesex Hospital and I’m really enjoying it. I’ve been able to get hands on experience and understand hospital protocols and the way the different roles work with each other. Doing an Apprenticeship was the best decision I ever made. I’d recommend it to anyone.”
We work closely with our employers to ensure that their employees get the best training possible and that we provide employing firms with great candidates for the roles they are looking to fill. We work with nearly 1000 unique companies ranging from huge household names like XPO, North Middlesex university hospital and Siemens too small to medium sized enterprises such as K10, Touch of Noir and St Johns Nursery.
- Property Maintenance Operative
- Installation Electrician/ Maintenance Electrician
- Intermediate Dry Lining
- Intermediate Maintenance Operations
- Intermediate Brickwork
- Intermediate Wood Occupations
- Intermediate Painting and Decorating
- Intermediate Plumbing
- Advanced Wood Occupations
- Advanced Electrical Installation
- Advanced Plumbing
- Higher Construction and the Built Environment
Health and Social Care
- Healthcare Support Worker (HCSW)
- Adult Care Worker
- Senior Healthcare Support Worker
- Lead Adult Care Worker
- Intermediate Clinical Care
- Intermediate Health and Social Care
- Advanced Clinical Care
- Advanced Clinical Healthcare Maternity Support
- Advanced Health and Social Care
- Higher Care Leadership and Management